Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjustment of Status Denied: Please HELP!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of Status Denied: Please HELP!!

Hi, thanks in advance for all responses. I really need advise. My best friend was just denied Adjustment of status on the basis that he has left the country while in proceedings (he did obtain an Advanced Parole document with which he traveled abroad and returned with no problem). In the letter it says that he has 30 days to appeal the decision in Immigration Court... He went to a lawyer that wants $20,000... His family is crused... Any advise is APPRECIATED....

Hi, thanks in advance for all responses. I really need advise. My best friend was just denied Adjustment of status on the basis that he has left the country while in proceedings (he did obtain an Advanced Parole document with which he traveled abroad and returned with no problem). In the letter it says that he has 30 days to appeal the decision in Immigration Court... He went to a lawyer that wants $20,000... His family is crused... Any advise is APPRECIATED....

Comment

Hi Digital and welcome,

How long was your friend out of the country??

Comment

WOW!!! $20,000 pretty cheap!!! what a bargain!!!
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

$20,000 sounds pretty steep to me!!!!! Ugh. So glad I was born here - lol!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
            $20,000 sounds pretty steep to me!!!!! Ugh. So glad I was born here - lol!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Your friend could always ask this guy for sponsorship through marriage???

http://www.break.com/index/loo...or-a-girlfriend.html

What goes AROUND COMES AROUND!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Hi Proud, thanks. My friend was out of the country for 2 weeks to visit his family... He had the advanced parole and all was well, he was let back in the country no problem...

Comment

I don't see 2 weeks out of the country with advanced parole being a problem, Digital. Are you sure that's the reason for his denial? Sounds odd and $20,000 for an attorney is outrageous. Has he been arrested or anything?

Comment

The thing about advanced parole is that is permission to apply to be re-paroled upon application for admission at a port of entry.

It does NOT guarentee re-parole. However, in your case, if he was re-paroled and there was no other trip not covered by the advanced parole, then you don't need a $20k attorney to solve that.

However, I am thinking that he had a one-time advanced parole and used it a second time or the advanced parole had expired and CBP had not realized it.

Otherwise, I think your "friend" has other issues with her application.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DigitalAssi:
                      Hi, thanks in advance for all responses. I really need advise. My best friend was just denied Adjustment of status on the basis that he has left the country while in proceedings (he did obtain an Advanced Parole document with which he traveled abroad and returned with no problem). In the letter it says that he has 30 days to appeal the decision in Immigration Court... He went to a lawyer that wants $20,000... His family is crused... Any advise is APPRECIATED.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Digital and welcome to the forum

No one here can give you an answer, because you have not provided enough information.

On what basis was your friend adjusting status?
                      marriage based
                      family based
                      employmnet based

If it was marriage based, was he in removal proceedings when he got married to adjust status?

BTW.. if he was in removal proceedings and has now been denied that fee can run anywhere from 15k to 25k or more, depending on the circumstances . It will depend on how complex the case may be.

I suggest you have your friend come to the forum and give us the facts if you want accurate advice from the forum to refer him to the attorney best suited for his situation.

Comment

DigitalAssi, - what exactly was ment by "while in proceedings"?
                        If it is only that he left while AOS was pending, and you say he used AP, there was a mistake... Maybe that copy of AP from the border never made to his file...

Comment

Pay the lawyer that $20,000 and don't ask any questions !!! Never question a lawyer when he asks you for money !!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                            I don't see 2 weeks out of the country with advanced parole being a problem, Digital. Are you sure that's the reason for his denial? Sounds odd and $20,000 for an attorney is outrageous. Has he been arrested or anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shows you know NOTHING !!! You can not leave without advance parole (NOT "advanced") Everyone knows this. A 2 year old knows this. Whats wrong with you?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                              I don't see 2 weeks out of the country with advanced parole being a problem, Digital. Are you sure that's the reason for his denial? Sounds odd and $20,000 for an attorney is outrageous. Has he been arrested or anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shows you know NOTHING !!! You can not leave without advance parole (NOT "advanced") Everyone knows this. A 2 year old knows this. Whats wrong with you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shows you are going senile Micheal, re- read what Proud wrote, she said the same as you lol

Going out of the country 'With' advance parole being a problem.
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                              1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Working...
                              X