Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about submitting package 90 days prior to expiration of conditional GC...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about submitting package 90 days prior to expiration of conditional GC...

Is there any "leeway" as far as submitting paperwork and fees to USCIS 90 days before expiration of conditional green card? Is it automatically denied if they get it, say, 83 days before expiration date?

It's for my wife, by the way.

Is there any "leeway" as far as submitting paperwork and fees to USCIS 90 days before expiration of conditional green card? Is it automatically denied if they get it, say, 83 days before expiration date?

It's for my wife, by the way.

Comment

Is Miracle!!!
      Easy One??????
      USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Are you sure?

I am getting things together now but I don't know if I'll have everything 90 days before - it may be more like 85 days before.

Comment

I think this site contains the information you need. It mentions if you are few weeks late, you should include a letter of explanation.

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigratio...anent-residence.html

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timmy_d11:
            Are you sure?

I am getting things together now but I don't know if I'll have everything 90 days before - it may be more like 85 days before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, davdah gave you the right info. If you file 91 days before, petition will be rejected. If you file a few days AFTER second anniversary, you should include a letter. If you file in a time frame that's between 90 and 5 days (let's give USCIS time to receive) before expiration, you are perfectly OK

USCIS
            http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
            "During the 90 days before the second anniversary of the date you obtained conditional resident status you and your spouse (if still married) must file to remove the condition

Comment

Working...
            X