Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 waiting times

Hi everyone,

I had my interview to get my conditions removed in January and was approved. I received the 3 months temporary stamp until I would receive my new Green Card and had to go back for another extension after 3 months. At that time they found out that I had to get my fingerprints re-taken, which was the reason for the delay. I received a 6 months stamp and was told that it would take less than 3 months. It has been 4 months now and was wondering, if anyone of you knew who I need to contact as the immigration office is hours away and I don't want to make a trip up there, if the issue could be looked into over the phone.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi everyone,

I had my interview to get my conditions removed in January and was approved. I received the 3 months temporary stamp until I would receive my new Green Card and had to go back for another extension after 3 months. At that time they found out that I had to get my fingerprints re-taken, which was the reason for the delay. I received a 6 months stamp and was told that it would take less than 3 months. It has been 4 months now and was wondering, if anyone of you knew who I need to contact as the immigration office is hours away and I don't want to make a trip up there, if the issue could be looked into over the phone.

Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Hi JT,

Try calling the National Customer Service Center and see if they can assist - 800-375-5283. Good luck.

Comment

Submit to USCIS Form G-731 (Inquiry About Status of I-551, Alien Registration Card).

Comment

Hi Janine,
          You should also ask if the FBI name check has been completed. I was stuck in it for about 18 months (and i have no record at all, never been arrested or anything like that)... I hope that is not the case in your situation. Good Luck to You.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tomek:
            Hi Janine,
            You should also ask if the FBI name check has been completed. I was stuck in it for about 18 months (and i have no record at all, never been arrested or anything like that)... I hope that is not the case in your situation. Good Luck to You. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's good to know. No arrests here so the FBI check is no issue. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X