My EOIR issued GC....!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My EOIR issued GC....!

I'm back...had a good time spending with family and friends in Germany.

On my way back in from Toronto, CAN my photo and my fingerprints where taken by USCIS. They, apparently couldn't verify my residency in their systems which caused me to be held up by them. I was ordered to the back to talk to some other officers there...again, photo and fingerprints taken then waiting for about 2 hours. Missed my connecting flight to Philadelphia in the process...I was angry. After about 2 hours my luggage was searched...of course I had nothing for them....my passport was stamped and I was free to go. The officer told me that the USCIS/EOIR computer systems are separate systems....which caused the delay. Upon my question whether this is now going to happen every time I travel he said perhaps, perhaps not...depends on the experience of the officers.

Anyway, I had a good time and I am happy to be back.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

I'm back...had a good time spending with family and friends in Germany.

On my way back in from Toronto, CAN my photo and my fingerprints where taken by USCIS. They, apparently couldn't verify my residency in their systems which caused me to be held up by them. I was ordered to the back to talk to some other officers there...again, photo and fingerprints taken then waiting for about 2 hours. Missed my connecting flight to Philadelphia in the process...I was angry. After about 2 hours my luggage was searched...of course I had nothing for them....my passport was stamped and I was free to go. The officer told me that the USCIS/EOIR computer systems are separate systems....which caused the delay. Upon my question whether this is now going to happen every time I travel he said perhaps, perhaps not...depends on the experience of the officers.

Anyway, I had a good time and I am happy to be back.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Good to see you back Koller, shame about the screw up on re-entry. Seems odd they couldn't verify you, especially since you now have your GC. Inexcusable that the two computer systems aren't linked together. They've had nearly 10 years since 911 to do that.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Kollerkrot: Why were you "angry?" I don't know your whole story (and you do seem like a nice person)...but, you obviously didn't receive your green card by the normal process.

Perhaps Americans should be "angry" that you were an illegal alien for a long time...or would you consider that to be unreasonable?

Comment

...and, as usual, I see that Brit is bashing America!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
            Kollerkrot: Why were you "angry?" I don't know your whole story (and you do seem like a nice person)...but, you obviously didn't receive your green card by the normal process.

Perhaps Americans should be "angry" that you were an illegal alien for a long time...or would you consider that to be unreasonable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously, in your book, contrary to the rest of the worlds opinion, a corrected mistake is still a mistake! Well then, eat your heart out, SunDevil!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
              ...and, as usual, I see that Brit is bashing America! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and as usual, I see SunDevilUSA bashing Brit and me for pointing out the imperfections. What's wrong with wanting to be perfect?

Comment

Koller, it was CBP, not USCIS, who took your photo and fingerprints, at the Toronto Pre-Inspection Port of Entry. Interesting that it took so long. You should be in USVISIT and have no delay.

Comment

What's the main point between Koller, an LPR, going thru a reentry hitch (some are getting denied entry by mistake even) and a USC being deported?

It's DHS personnel striving to do a good job - erring on the side of caution. But that's not the general rule. More of a few exceptions - a non-issue.

But for 'shallows' like IdiotSunDevil, it is.

Comment

Things have tightened up at all airports and ports of entry. Those new screening machines where nothing is hidden from view are one of the latest. To have that level of an invasive procedure regulating movement seems overdone unless there is knowledge being kept far removed from the public.

In any event, welcome back Koller.
                    This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

Welcome back, Koller! Despite the trouble you encountered on your way back, I hope you enjoyed your trip!

Comment

Perhaps this will help clarify matters. I remember quite clearly that KollerKraut had a myriad of problems with US immigration. In fact, KollerKraut went on and on for several months ranting about it. Read your own posts to refresh your memory. People who have shady lives will catch up with them somewhere, somehow. The primitive towel head must have x-ray eyes because ''it'' claims: Good to ''see'' you back.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
                          Koller, it was CBP, not USCIS, who took your photo and fingerprints, at the Toronto Pre-Inspection Port of Entry. Interesting that it took so long. You should be in USVISIT and have no delay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was also CBP who then after searching my suitcase stamped my passport "ADMITTED". This is what I don't understand...the CBP-officer told me that the people outside have a different computer system and couldn't verify my residency...making me think the people outside are with USCIS.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                            Welcome back, Koller! Despite the trouble you encountered on your way back, I hope you enjoyed your trip! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks PROUD...I did!!!! It was wonderful I've been there for 14 days. I'm actually going again Christmas...I need to be in Germany for Christmas this year....I have to drink Gluehwein at the Christkindel-Markt. Yeahhhhh!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                              Things have tightened up at all airports and ports of entry. Those new screening machines where nothing is hidden from view are one of the latest. To have that level of an invasive procedure regulating movement seems overdone unless there is knowledge being kept far removed from the public.

In any event, welcome back Koller. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Dav...I had a great time.

Comment

Working...
                              X