Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about I-601

Hi guys,

I applied for my mother's permanent residence. I filled the forms by myself to save some money and didnt know i had to request her visa extension because she was here. Everything was approved. I received a letter for her to go for her interview in Rio de Janeiro. When she got to the interview the counsel told her that she overstayed and because of that she had to stay there for 10 years.

I asked some lawyer thru e-mail and he said that she must be eligible for I-601. He said that he can take my case and that will cost me $4,000. Can anyone tell me if im able to fill the form myself?

Also, i'm the only child. My father is already gone and even though she has her sisters and brothers there, i'm here in the U.S. and her grandchildren too. She is 62. She has been in Brazil for 5 years already.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I applied for my mother's permanent residence. I filled the forms by myself to save some money and didnt know i had to request her visa extension because she was here. Everything was approved. I received a letter for her to go for her interview in Rio de Janeiro. When she got to the interview the counsel told her that she overstayed and because of that she had to stay there for 10 years.

I asked some lawyer thru e-mail and he said that she must be eligible for I-601. He said that he can take my case and that will cost me $4,000. Can anyone tell me if im able to fill the form myself?

Also, i'm the only child. My father is already gone and even though she has her sisters and brothers there, i'm here in the U.S. and her grandchildren too. She is 62. She has been in Brazil for 5 years already.

Thanks

Comment

no waiver for parents of American citizens.

Comment

Working...
      X