I'm completley lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm completley lost

So, I am really desperate for another option right now. My husband was brought here from Mexico when he was 2 and has been here ever since. He is 20 now. When he was brought here neither of his parents were citizens but just recently his mother got her citizenship. His father has had his for some time but he doesn't have contact with him. Both his brother and sister were born in the US so they both have theirs obviously. We have 1 child and one that will be here in 9 weeks. We spoke to a lawyer and he said that my husband would have to go back for some unknown amount of time to mexico. Does anyone know any other option for us????????? I'M DESPERATE

So, I am really desperate for another option right now. My husband was brought here from Mexico when he was 2 and has been here ever since. He is 20 now. When he was brought here neither of his parents were citizens but just recently his mother got her citizenship. His father has had his for some time but he doesn't have contact with him. Both his brother and sister were born in the US so they both have theirs obviously. We have 1 child and one that will be here in 9 weeks. We spoke to a lawyer and he said that my husband would have to go back for some unknown amount of time to mexico. Does anyone know any other option for us????????? I'M DESPERATE

Comment

Have some dignity; divorce the wetback and marry an American
      These people stop at Nothing !

Death to IMBRA AND VAWA !

God Bless America and no one else !!!

Comment

Hi blueeyedgril86,

Unfortunately the lawyer is correct.The process for those who entered illegally [no matter the circumstance or at what age] will usually surround a waiver known as an I-601.While the I-601 is pending the applicant MUST be in their home countries while it is processing & also extreme hardship to an immediate relative must be proven whom has permission to live legally in the U.S. on a permanent basis.

Despite that,there is a website called Immigrate2us.net that focuses mainly on these types of issues,I highly suggest you check it out for a more thorough experience on the difficulties surrounding successfully attaining an I-601.

Comment

maybe there are some other options.

I don't want to give false hopes, but may be worth looking into:
          When did his parents get citizenship? If they are citizens, that means they had been permanent residents before that. Most likely while your husband was a minor.
          That could mean that he was included in some kind of petition years back... so maybe, just maybe.. he can be able to adjust status here without leaving.
          Has your lawyer asked any questions like the above and checked out that scenario?

If he has to get an immigrant visa in home country, Mexico is the best place to do it. Not only that they have high approval rate of waivers but also same-day-processing of waivers.

Comment

same day waiver is a very good thing

the waiver here in my third world country which affiliating to Rome or Greece took them 10 monthes to be approved

other procedures took more. like name check

Comment

Said: Athen's Office is a one man show. and two clerks working in that uscis office. I know for fact that office takes quite a good time.
              It really shows how the agency works.

Comment

aneri, is right, and I am sure when parents paper work was file at that time his name must have been listed as child.
                His parents had to dig out all the copies of letters what ever they have submitted to the then INS. Or by the Attorney.

Comment

Working...
                X