Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW PROCESSING TIMES RELEASED

http://www.aila.org/

TSC is working on 12/19/03 I-751s, and my date is 10/8/03, more than 2 months late.

What in the world is going on with these people?

http://www.aila.org/

TSC is working on 12/19/03 I-751s, and my date is 10/8/03, more than 2 months late.

What in the world is going on with these people?

Comment

I called the 1800 jokers today to ask about processing times and the dummy asked me to wait for one more week before they can ACCEPT MY INQUIRY.

If I have waited since Oct 2003 for a decision, what difference will a week make?

These guys are a real joke, I dont know who dreamed up this 1-800 so called customer service number. Its a total waste of money!!!

Comment

JD,
        I sure that you were scheduled for an interview, your file was transferred to your local INS office, and it's on some officer's shelf, and that's why you didn't receive anything yet.

This my prediction.

Comment

Seems that way to me also, but I thought they inform applicant when file is sent to local office?

Comment

Some applications are picked out for various reasons and forwarded to the DSC for review. The DSC then has a look then determines if they want to call you in to interview or not. If not, you get an approval letter then go in with more pics to get the 10yr I-551 issued. Otherwise, they call you in and you wait some more...

Most long delayed I-751's are held up at the DSC's...

ARQU

Comment

Thanks for all the input.

I think I will do an INFOPASS appointment since I plan to travel out of the US soon, get a stamp,travel, return and just wait.

Looks like the wait may be long!

Comment

You are correct.

BTW - I filed my I-751 in Oct, 2002. Was approved in June 2004. I then took that approval letter and new pics to my DSC in June. Still waiting for the 10yr I-551...

A valid temporary I-551 stamp in your non-expired passport will serve you just as well as the GC.

ARQU

Comment

ARQU,
                  remind me pls, did you have an interview at the district offfice?

Comment

No interview.

Just an I-751 approval that took 20 months to process - actually, technically it is still underway until I get the actual physical card. So that would make it 27mos and counting... Oh yeah - the original AOS was filed waaaaay back in 1999...

You could also file a G731 to inquire on its status - that goes to the actual Regional Center that controls the applciation and they will investigate the status of the actual physical file (not like the National Center which the '800 number takes you to where they only have access to computer records).

ARQU

Comment

I called the 1-800 # and put in an "inquiry." About two weeks later I got a plain piece of paper with a sentence in the middle. It said: "Your application is pending. Please do not make another inquiry for 180 days."
                      Have a nice day

Comment

I will call the 1-800 # clowns again tomorrow.

Comment

Pretty cheeky, to ask someone to not make another inquiry for 6 months.

Comment

JD, have you ever contacted your local congressman/senator? I couldn't remember if someone had suggested that or what the result. I do know that USCIS has to respond to a congressional inquiry from those offices.

Comment

Working...
                            X