EAD's and I-130's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD's and I-130's

I have what I hope wont seem like a dumb question.
    When you file an I-130, should you also file the EAD to be able to work?
    My husband cannot come to the states, until he has a job. He has financial obligations in Canada that cannot go unpaid. (ie child support, bank loans, credit cards). What would be the quickest legal way for him to get employment?
    Thank you very much

I have what I hope wont seem like a dumb question.
    When you file an I-130, should you also file the EAD to be able to work?
    My husband cannot come to the states, until he has a job. He has financial obligations in Canada that cannot go unpaid. (ie child support, bank loans, credit cards). What would be the quickest legal way for him to get employment?
    Thank you very much

Comment

Have a look at this to see that various routes confer various privileges.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=compare
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Does he have a profession? You can check to see which professions the NAFTA agreement covers at this time. Are you a US citizen? Then you can file your 1-130 and you I485 at the same time and he can get employment authorization.

Comment

thank you for responding dragonlady.
            I have been a US citizen the entire 37 years I have been breathing on this earth
            My husband is currently employed as a courier. His is a professional musician as a hobby only, it doesn't not pay enough to be self-sufficient yet as the new band he is in is relatively new. He has played on a couple of CDs released in Canada, but the bands he has been in have disbanded before experiencing moderate, if any success. He would like to play professionally in the States, as a band or even some studio work. He has some insurance background as well, but its not a profession he cares to resurrect. He would be willing and he is able to do anything.
            We want to do this right, for we wouldnt want anything to pull as apart once he's here permanently .
            Any suggestions?
            Thanks a bunch

Comment

Since your husband is currently in Canada, you have several options. It would depend on whether your husband can currently come to the US when the petition is filed. If he comes on a multi-entry visa, then you can file the i-130, I-485 and I-765. If you are filing the I-130 by itself, then the EAD will not be required at this time. And as someone pointed out, you can check the TN visa to see if your husband has a profession within the NAFTA accord.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                X