help any lawyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help any lawyer

my name is Aslam.i have reached Canada last month along with my wife and son.in 1997 i made love marriage with agirl of 27 yrs.age.her parents are not aware of marriage so far.i wanted baby while my wife considered it against the respect of her parents.she wanted to remain marriage secret till the correct time.due to this difference,in 2002 we both decided to live apart on moral basis not legally.she did not get divorce as she did not want to marry any boy for the whole life.my daughter lived in Canada.she sponsored my family.when embassy started official dealing with us,mysecond wife approached me.so far my first wife did not know about my second marriage because for service i lived in another city while my first wife lived in another city with the children.now after retirement my living out of home created doubt.i told whole story to my first wife.she became angry.from that time she is living with me as a stranger even she doed not talk with me. i want to sponsor my second wife at any rate.how can i do so.any lawyer can convince me so that i authorise him to file the case.

my name is Aslam.i have reached Canada last month along with my wife and son.in 1997 i made love marriage with agirl of 27 yrs.age.her parents are not aware of marriage so far.i wanted baby while my wife considered it against the respect of her parents.she wanted to remain marriage secret till the correct time.due to this difference,in 2002 we both decided to live apart on moral basis not legally.she did not get divorce as she did not want to marry any boy for the whole life.my daughter lived in Canada.she sponsored my family.when embassy started official dealing with us,mysecond wife approached me.so far my first wife did not know about my second marriage because for service i lived in another city while my first wife lived in another city with the children.now after retirement my living out of home created doubt.i told whole story to my first wife.she became angry.from that time she is living with me as a stranger even she doed not talk with me. i want to sponsor my second wife at any rate.how can i do so.any lawyer can convince me so that i authorise him to file the case.

Comment

In what country did you marry these two women?
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

pakistan. any more information required. i appreciate u very much.

Comment

Unless the laws in Pakistan permit more than one wife, which I seriously doubt, the "second" wife you refer to is not your wife.
          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

being a pakistani i assure u that pakistani laws allow a citizen to marry upto four girls at a time.i am muslim.islam also allow this.there is no doubt in it.pls.may u provide me ur e-mail so that we discuss this matter openly.

Comment

So let me get this straight , you live with your first wife in Canada now right ? And you want to bring your second wife too ?

Comment

can be said yes.the reality is she is living with my daughter and i in the other house.

Comment

Oh give it a break. Canada does not allow bigamy and more than the US does. If you want two wives - go back to Pakistan. Waste of time.

Comment

there is no law for two wives. if u want to live with her go back to ur country.

Comment

if wife in canada got divorce .what position then.

Comment

I'm not familiar with Canadian Immigration procedures and as long as I have been on this board, there are few threads devoted to it. You might have more luck in a forum dedicated to that. BritishExpats has a Canada section, from what I hear.

It is of no matter that plural marriages are accepted in Pakistan, but rather that the country you wish to live in will acknowledge a second wife as an immediate relative for immigration purposes. I suspect not. What's more puzzling to me, being totally unaware of the appropriate protocol, is how you are in a position to petition the second wife now. Have you already gained the proper Canadian residency to be able to do so?

Comment

i am not aware of law. i am permanent resident of canada.if i am advised and assured i am ready to file a petition through a attorney.

Comment

If you arrived in Canada last month - and you are a landed immigrant....Don't you know how you got landed immigrant status? Your daughter knows the process - she got you there. I wonder if you realize you do not make sense. If you are for real - contact a lawyer. Divorce in Canada can take a long time - even with a 1 year no fault divorce.

Comment

my ignorance of law is,if my wife here in canada got divorce how i can sponsor my legal wife who is abroad.make my contact to attorney who can help me.ishall pay him.

Comment

Working...
                              X