I-485(a)/I-864

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485(a)/I-864

I have a couple of questions. I am about ready to file the I-130/I-485 thru the Pilot scheme in Dallas.

My 1st question is: Do I have file the I-485 Supp A form and pay $1000 fine?

I legally entered this country (from UK) in August of 2000 on an I-94. I married my spouse (a US citizen) before the end of the 3 months maximum stay requirement. And I have been here ever since. Just haven't had the money or sponsorship to be able to do anything about it until this year. Does Supp A apply to me? It's all so confusing!

Secondly, my sponsor for the I-864 is going to be a family friend . I understand that she will have provide the 1040's. How is she supposed to get copies of these if she mails in her returns?

Many thanks for any responses.

Gaz.

I have a couple of questions. I am about ready to file the I-130/I-485 thru the Pilot scheme in Dallas.

My 1st question is: Do I have file the I-485 Supp A form and pay $1000 fine?

I legally entered this country (from UK) in August of 2000 on an I-94. I married my spouse (a US citizen) before the end of the 3 months maximum stay requirement. And I have been here ever since. Just haven't had the money or sponsorship to be able to do anything about it until this year. Does Supp A apply to me? It's all so confusing!

Secondly, my sponsor for the I-864 is going to be a family friend . I understand that she will have provide the 1040's. How is she supposed to get copies of these if she mails in her returns?

Many thanks for any responses.

Gaz.

Comment

She can request copies from the IRS... they're not real quick to send them. I think only one year is required now? Normally overstays are forgiven upon adjusting status from marriage to USC. However I'm not sure if there's a problem because you haven't filed sooner. What visa did you come in with? what is the Pilot program>?

Comment

Thank you for your response. The Pilot program is where you can walk in with your I-130 and I-485 and literally hand them. The USCIS then give themselves 90 days turnaround to approve the Green card.

Comment

So you don't really have an interview?

Comment

I think they do have an interview I was reading something about that on another website, I think the difference is that they dont have to wait for the interview letter to come.

Comment

Working...
            X