How to get Health Insurance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Health Insurance?

It is important to have a health insurance here, but nobody tells you that any company accepts you if you have not lived here for at least 2 years!!! So, how to get insured then? Please your comments. This is frustrating! What happens if I need medical assistance sometime in the future? Since I am waiting for my adjustment of status to be completed, I can't use public free assistance... Is this right?

It is important to have a health insurance here, but nobody tells you that any company accepts you if you have not lived here for at least 2 years!!! So, how to get insured then? Please your comments. This is frustrating! What happens if I need medical assistance sometime in the future? Since I am waiting for my adjustment of status to be completed, I can't use public free assistance... Is this right?

Comment

I would say get a job, most offer health insurance. Why would anyone choose welfare over work? If you use any welfare and become a public charge this will be problems for your AOS.

Comment

I purchased individual health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield, no one has EVER asked how long I've been here. Check out your local BCBS provider. I'm also on AOS.

Comment

I've never seen that question on an insurance application before, is this just something that someone has told you?

Comment

Just to clarify... of course, what I want is to find a job which offers me an insurance (I used to have a good one through my previous employers in my country). BUT the problem now is that I wont be able to work until I get an employement authorization. In the meantime, we have been looking for an insurance company that covers me. Unfortunatelly, the expensive insurance my husband actually has, didn't accept me and 2 different insurance agents have told us that ANY company can cover me until I have lived here for X time. I just want to be protected. Hopefuly nothing ever happens to me, but from what I have heard is very, very important to have a health insurance plan. Until I recieve the Employement authorization and get a job... what could I do? I will check the options some of you kindly suggested. Thanks!

Comment

You might want to contact the State Insurance Commission in your state and get their comments.

Comment

Working...
              X