Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone knows what is Good faith marriage waiver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone knows what is Good faith marriage waiver?

I went to Court yesterday and ther Judge ask someone to file for good faith marriage waiver and he will approve it. I want to know if anyone heard about that. did any form has to file?

MY CASE .. I had case previously that was terminated by the Joint motion. and Judge send me to regular proceedings. My file is lost in Immigration. ( long story) . Medical was done additrional paper was asked on interview, all submitted. but two years no decision. finally came to know the citizen wife had an affair when I was under immigration hold. once I came to know , Argument started and I file for seperation. Us sitizen wife pissed and withdrawn petition( approved I 130)..
    Immigration officer denied 485 because its withdrawn..
    I filed WAVA.. still pending with Immigration , I received letter that they are looking for file and due to that it will be delayed.. I know file is missing.. so I am back in immigration court. Judge gave me another date and said if your wife didnot withdraw n petition then he will adjust me and he clearly stated that I don't have to be living with wife.
    there are two I 130 file on my case. Divorce is still pending in court since yr 2008. I don't know what will be outcome of WAVA. I also have I130 file by USCIS brother too.
    anyone can put some light on my case?

I went to Court yesterday and ther Judge ask someone to file for good faith marriage waiver and he will approve it. I want to know if anyone heard about that. did any form has to file?

MY CASE .. I had case previously that was terminated by the Joint motion. and Judge send me to regular proceedings. My file is lost in Immigration. ( long story) . Medical was done additrional paper was asked on interview, all submitted. but two years no decision. finally came to know the citizen wife had an affair when I was under immigration hold. once I came to know , Argument started and I file for seperation. Us sitizen wife pissed and withdrawn petition( approved I 130)..
    Immigration officer denied 485 because its withdrawn..
    I filed WAVA.. still pending with Immigration , I received letter that they are looking for file and due to that it will be delayed.. I know file is missing.. so I am back in immigration court. Judge gave me another date and said if your wife didnot withdraw n petition then he will adjust me and he clearly stated that I don't have to be living with wife.
    there are two I 130 file on my case. Divorce is still pending in court since yr 2008. I don't know what will be outcome of WAVA. I also have I130 file by USCIS brother too.
    anyone can put some light on my case?

Comment

Hi Pascal,

Your divorce will need to be finalized before you can file the I-751 waiver that you married in good faith. Have you consulted with a good immigration attorney? It might be a good idea since your situation seems a bit complicated (with the files being misplaced and all).

Good luck.

Comment

So you mean good faith waiver is for conditional GC.. right?
        I am not GC holder yet. my case is different. I had I 130 approved since 1999. second as file in yr 2002 also . now USCIS claims that it was withdrawn so I 485 was denied and I was put back in removal proceeding.

Comment

Pascal,

It would be helpful if you posted a timeline of events.

Comment

Working...
          X