Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 AND CITIZENSHIP IN HOUSTON TX

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can please advise me if im not going crazy about hearing from INS. I submitted my paperwork for citenzenship last April 2007 and was fingerprinted in May. I hadnt heard anything from anyone until I called last week to the 1800 number and the guy said told me that my paperwork was indeed in the Houston office. He said that I wouild recieve a letter the following week to advise me. This week I recieved a letter stating that my case was pending BACKGROUND CHECKS. How can they be still doing background checks almost 1 year later? I dont have any issues in that area and have been background checked before by the FBI im sure for gun purchases, concealed handgun licence in Texas and also being in the Texas Guard. Im just wondering if this is too long and was wondering if anyone can tell me that this is either normal or i should be ringing a bell somewhere?
    fjohnson

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can please advise me if im not going crazy about hearing from INS. I submitted my paperwork for citenzenship last April 2007 and was fingerprinted in May. I hadnt heard anything from anyone until I called last week to the 1800 number and the guy said told me that my paperwork was indeed in the Houston office. He said that I wouild recieve a letter the following week to advise me. This week I recieved a letter stating that my case was pending BACKGROUND CHECKS. How can they be still doing background checks almost 1 year later? I dont have any issues in that area and have been background checked before by the FBI im sure for gun purchases, concealed handgun licence in Texas and also being in the Texas Guard. Im just wondering if this is too long and was wondering if anyone can tell me that this is either normal or i should be ringing a bell somewhere?
    fjohnson

Comment

I know people pending for 2 to 3 years.

Comment

Nothing unusual for a year or more delay unfortunately. See Smeagolrocks's other post in here about namecheck delays. There's a link for the USCIS's new memo about "beanchmark" processing times for name-check victims.
        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

OUTBAK:

MY FRIEND INTERVIEWED for citizenship and passed just over three (3) years ago and he has been waiting on the completion of the background check (FBI Fingerprinting) ever since.

Last November I helped him file a suit against USCIS; a Petition under U.S.C. 1447 (B) for a Stalled Naturalization Application with the District Court (Federal). Their response was to send my friend and his wife for a second set of fingerprints as any set of prints over 15 months old are considered to have "Expired!" It showed that if the petition had not been filed he would have had to wait indefinitely since his first set of prints were of no use and the USCIS sure was not going to let him know.

Unfortunately at the present time, the average wait for completion of the background check is about 2 to 3 years and it seems that the only way to get any kind of response from the immigration department is to keep at them and may be finally file the 1447 (b) Petition.

Comment

After reading the FBI Name Checks, USCIS knows that finger prints do not expires, every time you do the print will be the same. Some time the person taking finger prints do not take properly, or the fingers are wet. They have to take again and again until they are correct.
            What is the out come of your Petition under U.S.C. 1447?

Comment

ADAM:

SORRY FOR THE late response!

AS FOR THE progress on the U.S.C. 1447 Petition!

LAST WEEK MY friend received a request from the Government Defendants (Chertoff and co.) for stipulation to a Joint Motion to extend time for another 60 days in which the government can answer the lawsuit as the 60-Day response time had already expired and I was about to file for entry of default judgment on their behalf.

THE JOINT MOTION was accompanied by a very friendly-toned letter to the effect that his (and his wife's) background checks have been "expedited" and that USCIS hopes to complete his application within the next 60 days without the need for Federal Court Intervention. I advised them to sign the stipulation which they did, and so on Monday received a call from a very appreciative and thankful Assistant U.S. Attorney here in San Diego who basically reiterated that their applications will be finalized for certain within the next 30 to 60 days, and I very much think that the Government will keep to its word this time around.

Regards,
              Brandon

Comment

what???????? your saying that background checks are taking 2 to 3 years? thats insane! that does not sound right I will file a suit if i dont hear anything by next month!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bhoffman:
                OUTBAK:

MY FRIEND INTERVIEWED for citizenship and passed just over three (3) years ago and he has been waiting on the completion of the background check (FBI Fingerprinting) ever since.

Last November I helped him file a suit against USCIS; a Petition under U.S.C. 1447 (B) for a Stalled Naturalization Application with the District Court (Federal). Their response was to send my friend and his wife for a second set of fingerprints as any set of prints over 15 months old are considered to have "Expired!" It showed that if the petition had not been filed he would have had to wait indefinitely since his first set of prints were of no use and the USCIS sure was not going to let him know.

Unfortunately at the present time, the average wait for completion of the background check is about 2 to 3 years and it seems that the only way to get any kind of response from the immigration department is to keep at them and may be finally file the 1447 (b) Petition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                fjohnson

Comment

outbak,
                  I guess a year of waiting is reasonable enough, have you seek the help of your local congress person or senator, that might help.
                  I really got lucky with my situation, or maybe your service center is really busy, anyways good luck to you,hopefully you hear from them soon.

Comment

thankyou for your kind words. Actually. i just emailed my local congressman to rock the boat a little so hopefully I will hear something back soon.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lexlee1213:
                    outbak,
                    I guess a year of waiting is reasonable enough, have you seek the help of your local congress person or senator, that might help.
                    I really got lucky with my situation, or maybe your service center is really busy, anyways good luck to you,hopefully you hear from them soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    fjohnson

Comment

I live in Florida. USCIS recieved my N400 April 2007 also. So far they tell me the same thing, FBI Name check still pending. I have been to the Tampa office three times. I have called the 1800 number numerous times. They send a memo to the Tampa office. I have contactd the FBI. I have written to my congressman twice, the second time being just yesterday.
                      Its amazing. I have been a flight attendant for over 12 years.. twice had to have an FBI name check.. no problems.
                      I am going to file a 1447 (b) this week... hopefully shake things up a little.
                      I just found this web sight... I will be checking in with it often.
                      Good Luck

Comment

sounds like you are in exactly the same time frame as myself. I have done everything you are doing or have done. I am going to give it another month which will take it to the time frame of the web site that says 14 months for Houston, Tx to get citizenship. So I will give them the benefit of the doubt. What really freaks me out is that according to some people on this web site 2 or 3 year wait is normal for a FBI BACKGROUND CHECK. Me personally, that is not going to happen because after another month or so I will file a law suit myself! So I guess be patient cus im not either. The immigration dept says that citizenship has its rewards but they fail to tell you that it is going to take a LONG, Long time to get!!!!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheFabAnne:
                        I live in Florida. USCIS recieved my N400 April 2007 also. So far they tell me the same thing, FBI Name check still pending. I have been to the Tampa office three times. I have called the 1800 number numerous times. They send a memo to the Tampa office. I have contactd the FBI. I have written to my congressman twice, the second time being just yesterday.
                        Its amazing. I have been a flight attendant for over 12 years.. twice had to have an FBI name check.. no problems.
                        I am going to file a 1447 (b) this week... hopefully shake things up a little.
                        I just found this web sight... I will be checking in with it often.
                        Good Luck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        fjohnson

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs