Finding a detainee in the system without an "A" number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a detainee in the system without an "A" number

I'm trying to find my friend's brother who was detained by ICE in New York entering from Canada. Detainee is a Canadian citizen BUT committed a felony in California around 1994. I assume they will deport him to Canada eventually.

The last we heard was that he was being detained in Oklahoma somewhere. (His ultimate destination was Dallas.) Is there any way to locate him by name alone? He has been unable to contact my friend by phone - she gets her information from his friend in New York.

With all the contract facilities for detainees, I can't think of a way to locate him. I also don't understand why he would be transferred to Oklahoma from New York. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I'm trying to find my friend's brother who was detained by ICE in New York entering from Canada. Detainee is a Canadian citizen BUT committed a felony in California around 1994. I assume they will deport him to Canada eventually.

The last we heard was that he was being detained in Oklahoma somewhere. (His ultimate destination was Dallas.) Is there any way to locate him by name alone? He has been unable to contact my friend by phone - she gets her information from his friend in New York.

With all the contract facilities for detainees, I can't think of a way to locate him. I also don't understand why he would be transferred to Oklahoma from New York. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comment

Julienne about the tranfer from NY to Oklahoma ICE can transfer a detainee to any part of the U.S. they see fit, it will be hard to get hold of him without knowing his nuber cuz when you call ICE that's the first thing they wanna know his A number.
      "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

Many detainees do not have an A number.
        You need to contact the ICE office that picked him up, ask for the officer in charge of his case. They are able to give you this information with his name alone, and they must inform family of a location when requested.

Comment

NHF i dont think youre totally right in saying MANY detainees don't have a A number cuz when they are detained as far as ive seen EVERY one of them they give an A number.
          "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

i think she meant the A# on their green card caribbeanman, some of them were legal and they were arrested for some reason by ICE and some just crossed the border and they dont even have an id card , i think thats what NHF meant

Comment

But even if you cross the boarder and ICE or CBP arrest you don't they give you an A number?...i know some of them sometimes just get taken back to mexico but don't the majority of them get an A#?..but isn't an A# on green card too?

Comment

Mike i know the ones that are legal aren't given an A# by ICE.

Comment

They give you an A# for identification purposes for the removal hearing. My husband had a visa but no A# and he was given one while detained, that will be his A# forever, like if he gets his green card they use that, Its like SS#. And ones that have green cards already have their A#.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                    X