Working illegaly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working illegaly

Peple my work permit has expired but my employer doesnt know. I am not eligible for renewal of the work permit after it expires. The thing is my life depends on my ability to work, am an international student and I pay my own school. I just want to know what are the consequences of working illegally? I plan to apply for work permit next year when I graduate, will this affect my status? what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Peple my work permit has expired but my employer doesnt know. I am not eligible for renewal of the work permit after it expires. The thing is my life depends on my ability to work, am an international student and I pay my own school. I just want to know what are the consequences of working illegally? I plan to apply for work permit next year when I graduate, will this affect my status? what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Comment

I know too much about that.but Iam just not going to say anyhthing ,I will wait to see what others say ,Iam going to have the final word.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Peple my work permit has expired but my employer doesnt know. I am not eligible for renewal of the work permit after it expires. The thing is my life depends on my ability to work, am an international student and I pay my own school. I just want to know what are the consequences of working illegally? I plan to apply for work permit next year when I graduate, will this affect my status? what would you do if you were in my shoes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what visa? student or working visa?
        Give the details pls.

Comment

Speed: sounds like he has F1....(to me)
          @rukadi: I think you will be in trouble because your employer has to register you and your status and either he'll find out, or INS. I would recommend you to stop working with this group just hold on until you graduate. Then you can do that OPT or whatever they mention on here, and get a job.
          Good luck!

Ps: I may be wrong....and let's home I am!
          Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by speed_025:
            [what visa? student or working visa?
            Give the details pls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            What has expired is my work permit but I still have a students visa.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What has expired is my work permit but I still have a students visa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you mean't you were under H1b visa first..
              then student visa? Or you mean't OPT on your work permit?

If USCIS finds out your working illegaly ( which they will if you are on the payroll record)your chances in applying for a work visa after you graduate will be at stake.I suggest
              you talk to your school for an ON CAMPUS job.

Comment

what did you mean by you're not eligible for
                work permit renewal?

Comment

Working...
                X