GC-removal of condition-Incometax return

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC-removal of condition-Incometax return

I have obtained greencard in January 2005.
    I depart US for winding up my work in April 2005 and return to US in March 2006.
    I again went out of US in April 2006 and hope to return to US in few days.
    As I have wind up my work in my country and did not worked in US, I have no income and did not file income tax return.

Now in a few days I will have to apply for removal of condition on my green card.

What I should do to convince for non filing of income tax return to USCIS,and what can I do If I need to file income tax return mendatory.

I have obtained greencard in January 2005.
    I depart US for winding up my work in April 2005 and return to US in March 2006.
    I again went out of US in April 2006 and hope to return to US in few days.
    As I have wind up my work in my country and did not worked in US, I have no income and did not file income tax return.

Now in a few days I will have to apply for removal of condition on my green card.

What I should do to convince for non filing of income tax return to USCIS,and what can I do If I need to file income tax return mendatory.

Comment

EVEN IF YOU ARE OUT COUNTRY YOU CAN ALWAYS FILE IT ONLINE OR BY MAIL, THAT SHOW GOOD MORAL BEFORE USCIS

Comment

did you get GC through marriage? If yes, did your spouse file taxes?

Did you work in your contry?

USC and GC holders have to file taxes in the US on their worldwide income regardless where they live.

Not filing US income taxes while being overseas can be a strong argument that you abandoned your status in the US (if it comes to that).

Contact IRS and take care of it asap.

Comment

Working...
        X