Humanitarian visa granted to relatives of Virginia Tech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humanitarian visa granted to relatives of Virginia Tech

One of the victims was a 21-year-old peruvian man. He moved with his family to the US when he was 14. I believed they all came with a turist visa and overstayed (therefore he was illegal).

The father was deported 5 years ago. He went back to Peru but the family stayed in the US. He was subject to the 10 year ban but the the father apply for an emergency visa (if it is an emergency you can bypass the waiting period for an appointment -- aprox. a month). The US Embassy granted him a waiver and a humanitarian visa so he could attend the funeral and maybe bring the remains.

I am posting this so people get a real example of who and how humanitarian visas are granted. Of course, this was a lot of P.R. Of the son had died in a car accident the Embassy would not have granted the visa to the father (very likely the father will overstay again).

One of the victims was a 21-year-old peruvian man. He moved with his family to the US when he was 14. I believed they all came with a turist visa and overstayed (therefore he was illegal).

The father was deported 5 years ago. He went back to Peru but the family stayed in the US. He was subject to the 10 year ban but the the father apply for an emergency visa (if it is an emergency you can bypass the waiting period for an appointment -- aprox. a month). The US Embassy granted him a waiver and a humanitarian visa so he could attend the funeral and maybe bring the remains.

I am posting this so people get a real example of who and how humanitarian visas are granted. Of course, this was a lot of P.R. Of the son had died in a car accident the Embassy would not have granted the visa to the father (very likely the father will overstay again).

Comment

I saw mention of this.

I believe the father was estranged.

Wonder if he leaves....

Comment

Working...
      X