Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the National Visa Center take so long to approve my fiancee visa?(9 months!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the National Visa Center take so long to approve my fiancee visa?(9 months!)

Hello,
    I'm hoping someone can help shed some light to my confusion.
    I sent an application for the fiancee visa to the dept. of homeland security 13 months ago for my Chinese fiancee. It had a surprisingly short turn around time in Nebraska and then was sent to the National Visa Center for "processing" which they said would take 2-4 weeks maximum. Well, it's been almost 9 months now and I can't get any information from them about what the delay is. It's quite a tightly sealed business they run.
    Can anyone help shed some light onto what the delay might be from and what I can do about it? I've already written to my congressman/senators and they've not been able to get any more information from what I get from them by calling. It's quite frustrating.
    Thank you/

Hello,
    I'm hoping someone can help shed some light to my confusion.
    I sent an application for the fiancee visa to the dept. of homeland security 13 months ago for my Chinese fiancee. It had a surprisingly short turn around time in Nebraska and then was sent to the National Visa Center for "processing" which they said would take 2-4 weeks maximum. Well, it's been almost 9 months now and I can't get any information from them about what the delay is. It's quite a tightly sealed business they run.
    Can anyone help shed some light onto what the delay might be from and what I can do about it? I've already written to my congressman/senators and they've not been able to get any more information from what I get from them by calling. It's quite frustrating.
    Thank you/

Comment

Working...
    X