AOS And the Miami Office After Interview Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS And the Miami Office After Interview Question

I'm a USC married to a Canadian who lives with me in Florida. we waited so long for the Fiance' visa, 2 years, in fact...we decided to get married anyway. We got a lawyer and chucked the Fiance' visa process and went down the path of filing the I485.

We filed that September, 2005. Had our Interview in Miami May 23rd, 2006. Interviewer told us that she was recommending us for approval, but because she was temporary help brought over from the Dallas office to help clear the back log, it had to go to her boss first. She then said it would be about 15 days to process and get her Green Card.

It's now been 57 days, and I can't get any answers. My lawyer is on vacation and my wife is frantic because her grandmother is very ill and she cannot return home yet.

Is there any back channels, email address, fax numbers that I can use to find out what the delay is? If I submit to getting a Congressional Inquiry, my lawyer says it shuts his access down and since I'm paying him, I don't want to do that. Any help you can provide would be appriciated.

I'm a USC married to a Canadian who lives with me in Florida. we waited so long for the Fiance' visa, 2 years, in fact...we decided to get married anyway. We got a lawyer and chucked the Fiance' visa process and went down the path of filing the I485.

We filed that September, 2005. Had our Interview in Miami May 23rd, 2006. Interviewer told us that she was recommending us for approval, but because she was temporary help brought over from the Dallas office to help clear the back log, it had to go to her boss first. She then said it would be about 15 days to process and get her Green Card.

It's now been 57 days, and I can't get any answers. My lawyer is on vacation and my wife is frantic because her grandmother is very ill and she cannot return home yet.

Is there any back channels, email address, fax numbers that I can use to find out what the delay is? If I submit to getting a Congressional Inquiry, my lawyer says it shuts his access down and since I'm paying him, I don't want to do that. Any help you can provide would be appriciated.

Comment

Visit www.immigration.com forum, either search for topic of your interest or post your question in one of the relevant sub-forums/threads.

Good luck,

IE

Comment

Working...
      X