Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751

Two questions

1. I have a expired green card but I have 1 year extension letter after filing I-751. This expires in May 04. I am aware of the debAte
    whether this expires from the date of the letter or from the date of the expiration of the gc. However my question is
    I am traveling to Europe in 2 weeks. Can I use my expired gc and the letter to re-enter the country?

2. My AOS date is July 24th, 01. So I should be able to appy for N-400 (if all other conditions are met) on April 27th, 04 or after BUT not
    before April 27th. Please confirm if this is correct.

Two questions

1. I have a expired green card but I have 1 year extension letter after filing I-751. This expires in May 04. I am aware of the debAte
    whether this expires from the date of the letter or from the date of the expiration of the gc. However my question is
    I am traveling to Europe in 2 weeks. Can I use my expired gc and the letter to re-enter the country?

2. My AOS date is July 24th, 01. So I should be able to appy for N-400 (if all other conditions are met) on April 27th, 04 or after BUT not
    before April 27th. Please confirm if this is correct.

Comment

Hi

YOu are correct on both counts

Your NOA letter is good for travel and work authorization. Just keep both gc & letter with you.

You can apply for N400 2 years and 9 months after AOS date. in your case 7/24/01 is AOS date.

What service center are you... trying to get a feel for when your 751 will be approved based on ser center dates. Both of these may be approved around the same time.. then you are set!

P. s. Make sure you come back here before your NOA expires. and also check on when the 2nd NOA will be coming if you dont receive in adequate timeframe.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Why are you asking me to come back to this forum once my NOA expires. I am with VSC so I am not very lucky as the other centers are. Could you please re-confirm the N-400 application date. Will April 27th going to be the 90th day right? I can apply only after April 27th not before that right?

Comment

lol

Im not asking you to come back to the forum silly . I was telling you to be back from Europe before your NOA expires.

How lucky you are to be in VSC currently runinng 19 to 24 months on adjudication of 751. Thats correct timefram april 27/may 1st 2004. Most likley the two will be approved together. see threads by Paddy, Daniel I believe used VSC.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for misunderstanding. Being in VSC is being lucky? when CSC and TSC are running Feb?

take care

Comment

immu

come on now. lighten up.. I was just kidding about VSC . didnt you see my wink

Now you are officially one of the crew here on the board who are awaiting response from VSC for 751 and N400. Only 9 more months to go.

Congratulations

Comment

Have a safe and fun journey to Europe ...listen to 4now without misunderstanding ...bon voyage !!!

Comment

Thank you Pasha! whew

yes Immu. .. Have fun in Europe.

Pasha... why did you say bon voyage

Comment

hey 4wow/4now

I m in funny mood... nothing bad I meant...

Happy journey to Europe and come back safe ...!!! well if u r going in april ... we might meet somewhere

Comment

You will have no issues travelling with an expired GC and the letter of extension. It helps even more if you have your original I-551 stamp in your passport as well...

Just as an FYI, my 1 yr Notice of extension expired last October so I went down to my local district office at that time, stood in line and got another 1yr I-551 stamp in my passport (Original I-551 was in an old passport).

I have crossed the Canada/US border three times with the expired GC, the letter of extension, and my Canadian passport (no I-551 Stamp as it is a new passport). I now have travelled to Canada once and just returned from Europe with just the 1yr I-551 stamp in my new passport. I don't even show them the expired GC - I don't want them to take it... I should point out that when I returned to the USA at Newark, I was sent to the office so they could verify the stamp as legit..

Only about a 15min delay - no worries...

Hope that helps someone...

ARQU

Comment

Working...
                      X