Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-year ban and Diversity Lottery

Hi guys,
    I got a very big problem. This year in January at the airport of JFK, I was refused to enter the United States, and deported since I was made to admit working unauthorized for two months on my last trip last year. That's why I was given a 5-year ban and I was charged with the violation of INA 235(b)(1) and found inadmissible to the United States under the INA 212 (a)(7)(A)(i). I received a letter saying that I won the Diversity Lottery. What I'd like to learn if the violation I committed will cause me to be turned down at the Consular Office? Can I apply for a waiver of inadmissibility? What's my chance? Is it worth trying or not?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
    I got a very big problem. This year in January at the airport of JFK, I was refused to enter the United States, and deported since I was made to admit working unauthorized for two months on my last trip last year. That's why I was given a 5-year ban and I was charged with the violation of INA 235(b)(1) and found inadmissible to the United States under the INA 212 (a)(7)(A)(i). I received a letter saying that I won the Diversity Lottery. What I'd like to learn if the violation I committed will cause me to be turned down at the Consular Office? Can I apply for a waiver of inadmissibility? What's my chance? Is it worth trying or not?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

"made to admit???" sure.....what did they do, put bamboo under your fingernails?
      Bottom line: blaming our immigration officials won't persuade any patriotic American that you are not a visa cheat.
      As to the possibility of getting the DV visa, well, you can't apply for a waiver to yourself...you are just SOL.
      Waivers are only available when one can prove or demonstrate 'extreme hardship' to an American spouse, an LPR spouse or child. But when the principal applicant for the DV is inadmissable, well, you should have thought about that before violating our laws....

Comment

Waste of the DV application fee.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Theone:
          Waste of the DV application fee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is actually no fee for the DV application. He has to pay only if he is selected AND chooses to continue the process for a green card.
          Diversity Visa 2007 Winner
          03/16/07: Green Card Received

Comment

Working...
          X