I-130 for my father in Cuba

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 for my father in Cuba

I am a lawful permanent resident in the US and I want to know what are the odds if I claim my father, how will the whole process take, if there is any chance he would get reject and why?

I'll really apreciate any answer, Thank you

I am a lawful permanent resident in the US and I want to know what are the odds if I claim my father, how will the whole process take, if there is any chance he would get reject and why?

I'll really apreciate any answer, Thank you

Comment

Claim your father? If you mean you want to file a family petition for him, you can't do that yet until you became a naturalized US citizen.

Comment

Do you have any other family members in the U.S. that could petition for him through a new Visa program to reunite families that will allow for a parole document (a travel document) to be obtained in Cuba to come to the U.S. and once here it converts to a resident permit. Instead of waiting in Cuba for up to ten years to apply for permanent legal residence in the U.S., the new waiting period is now about ten weeks instead of ten years. The program is to ensure reunification through safe and legal channels. Check with USINT (U.S. Interests Section) in Havanna.

Comment

My father has an uncle in the US, probably he can do it, what is the name of the program and what is the process? Thank you very much

Comment

It's The U.S. Interests Section in Havanna. You can get news from www.cubaheadlines.com and click contact us and they can probably direct you. Also, google for Cuban Advocacy Groups especially in the Miami area and you'll be on your way.

http://havana.usinterestsection.gov/

Comment

Sorry for asking too many questions!!!

As I said before I am a Legal Permanent Resident in 2006 I had a felony, the case was expunged, everything ended as me "Not Guilty, No Probation, No Community Hours" only the PT program. The case was closed as "Nolle-Pros Comp PT" being this the situation can I become without a problem a Naturalized U.S Citizen?

Comment

Working...
              X