Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage interview for green card.need advice

Hi all,
    I'm a US citizen and my husband and I have been married for 2 years now.. I sponsored him back in October of 2007 and we're not sure what happen but he's been waiting for his work permit for 5 months now... he finally got his work permit in the mail a few days ago and we then received the interview for green card the next day. the problem is because he did not have a ss# since we've been married i was unable to add him to any of my accounts. the interview for green card is about a month and a couple days away and i know we have to show alot of supporting evidence. I mean we have pictures, mail, we also have a son who's 3 weeks old. the letter that we got for the interview is asking us to bring bank statements, utility bills, and things like that.

What do we do? he applied for his social and should be receiving it soon. since we only have a month before our interview do you think they will deny us for only have 1 month statement together?......also my company closed office in CT back in Jan and I have been unemployed ever since. I am collecting unemployment and I also just had a baby. should i bring unemployment statements....I mean back in october when we applied i sent in job letter from my job with paystuds and things like that......any advice?......

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
    I'm a US citizen and my husband and I have been married for 2 years now.. I sponsored him back in October of 2007 and we're not sure what happen but he's been waiting for his work permit for 5 months now... he finally got his work permit in the mail a few days ago and we then received the interview for green card the next day. the problem is because he did not have a ss# since we've been married i was unable to add him to any of my accounts. the interview for green card is about a month and a couple days away and i know we have to show alot of supporting evidence. I mean we have pictures, mail, we also have a son who's 3 weeks old. the letter that we got for the interview is asking us to bring bank statements, utility bills, and things like that.

What do we do? he applied for his social and should be receiving it soon. since we only have a month before our interview do you think they will deny us for only have 1 month statement together?......also my company closed office in CT back in Jan and I have been unemployed ever since. I am collecting unemployment and I also just had a baby. should i bring unemployment statements....I mean back in october when we applied i sent in job letter from my job with paystuds and things like that......any advice?......

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Evidence comes in many ways, as long as your marriage is real you should be okay. You should never try to fabricate evidence. What about residency, can you prove that you guys live together? That's one thing. What about statements from third parties? What about mailings and other forms of evidence? Like I said, evidence comes in many ways, bank statements are just one of the possible forms of evidence you can use.

If your marriage is real, then you should be okay. If you have questions consult with an attorney, don't just rely solely on message boards and internet forums.

Good luck.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE-

Comment

Hello Kisha

Baby is excellent evidence. congrats Do you have apartment lease or lease in both names, if not, you should. add his name to utilities, cable bills and video memberships. this should be enough, and get affadavits from neighbors or relatives in regrads to your marriage.

the only problem I see right now is, because you stopped working, the affadavit of support i-864 where you are the sponser. i hope that the unemployment will meet the financial qualifications for the income. Unless you have equity in a house or asset that will exceed the guideline amount. If not, find a co sponser and be prepared to take that co sponser i-864 with 3 years of their tax returns into the interview with you. Otherwise, you could be looking at a denial on the petition for failure to meet requirements on the I-864. Also make sure your medical is completed.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kisha54:
          . the problem is because he did not have a ss# since we've been married i was unable to add him to any of my accounts. the interview for green card is about a month and a couple days away and i know we have to show alot of supporting evidence. I mean we have pictures, mail, we also have a son who's 3 weeks old. the letter that we got for the interview is asking us to bring bank statements, utility bills, and things like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Kisha, this kind of situation is nothing new and USCIS knows about it. As long as you have a reasonable explanation (and the above certainly is), you'll be OK on that front.

As Houston suggested, look for other things that may have both of your names on it no matter how trivial they may seam to you.

Take care of financial part of your sponsorship as mentioned by 4now. Now you have to meet the poverty line for 3.

Comment

Kisha, when I had my interview, we didnt have a joint bank account either, just bring with you all other evidence you have that has joint names on, you shoud be fine with that.

Comment

Working...
            X