Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian wants to marry American citizen - sponsorship?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian wants to marry American citizen - sponsorship?

My fiance is an American I am an Canadian. we have already done the first steps of obtaining a k-1 visa.

However, what do I do if I want to sponsor him into Canada? Is there a Canadian fiance visa as well?

What happens if we get married in the U.S? Do we have to get married in Canada if I want to sponsor him as well?

someone please clarify or give proper website.
    Thanks

My fiance is an American I am an Canadian. we have already done the first steps of obtaining a k-1 visa.

However, what do I do if I want to sponsor him into Canada? Is there a Canadian fiance visa as well?

What happens if we get married in the U.S? Do we have to get married in Canada if I want to sponsor him as well?

someone please clarify or give proper website.
    Thanks

Comment

Try this link, its an official Canadian Immigration site thru the Canadian Govt.
      http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html
      There is a Canadian Fiance Visa, this site will tell you about what to do. I am not 100% sure on this, but i am pretty sure you can marry either in Canada or the USA, but if you want to bring him to Canada i believe marrying him there will look better to immigration...but check into that

Comment

Working...
      X