Dilemma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma

I am European and live in London with my US citizen girlfriend. We are planning to get married and continue to live here for the time being.
    My question is the following: if, one day we decide to move back to the US, could I apply for and obtain green card outside the US through consular processing, (based on marriage to a US citizen) and then move back to the States or I would have to move back to the US first and apply for a green card there?
    Thank you for your help.

I am European and live in London with my US citizen girlfriend. We are planning to get married and continue to live here for the time being.
    My question is the following: if, one day we decide to move back to the US, could I apply for and obtain green card outside the US through consular processing, (based on marriage to a US citizen) and then move back to the States or I would have to move back to the US first and apply for a green card there?
    Thank you for your help.

Comment

You should be able to apply in Europe.

Comment

Thank you bigdummy

Comment

If anyone would need to move back first, it would be your US citizen spouse, not you.
          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Working...
          X