H1 and LC...help me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and LC...help me!

i just appealed for my H1 coz it got denied....is it possible that if my h1b appeal got denied, which i hope will not happen..can i file a new petition under labor certification under a new sponsor and new position? please help me..thanks.

i just appealed for my H1 coz it got denied....is it possible that if my h1b appeal got denied, which i hope will not happen..can i file a new petition under labor certification under a new sponsor and new position? please help me..thanks.

Comment

First, when you say labor certification, do you actually mean labor certification as in the first stage of permanent residence or a new Labor Condition Application (LCA - part of the H-1B process)? If you are still in legal status, say by still being under an F-1 and working on PRectical Training, you can still apply for an H-1B with a different employer. I wouldn't apply for permanent residence unless you were on a dual intent visa (H-1, L-1, etc. but not F-1 even with Practical Training) - otherwise you will likely have trouble re-entering the US if you travel. You can technically file a labor certification to get a start on the permanent residence process even if out of status, BUT it won't do you any good unless the penalty provision of 245(1) is brought back.

Comment

Working...
      X