I-864, Affidavit for Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864, Affidavit for Support

For family based case, the petitioner (the father) lives in the states as a LPR but haven't file taxes in the last 3 years since no income. Now the uncle(Nephew of the applicant) an USC filing as a joint sponcer who has the necessary income and tax records. They both filing two separate I-864 for the applicant. The father initially immigrated with a DV visa.

Question: Will the Affidavits be acceptable to the immigration even though the father/petitioner does not have any tax records?

Thanks.

For family based case, the petitioner (the father) lives in the states as a LPR but haven't file taxes in the last 3 years since no income. Now the uncle(Nephew of the applicant) an USC filing as a joint sponcer who has the necessary income and tax records. They both filing two separate I-864 for the applicant. The father initially immigrated with a DV visa.

Question: Will the Affidavits be acceptable to the immigration even though the father/petitioner does not have any tax records?

Thanks.

Comment

at the very least a document offering an explanation for why no taxes were filed would be appropriate (and I would recommend having it notarized!)

Comment

Thanks Spouse!

Can someone else can shed some more light in this issue. Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X