Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• approved I-360

Hey guys,
    I'm new here and have a quick question. I have approved I-360 since 8/14/2007, my lawyer said I need to file I-485 again in order to schedule an interview.
    But I already filed I-485 2 years ago along with I-130, I-131, I-765. on the bases of marriage.

What should I do ?
    Thank you.

Hey guys,
    I'm new here and have a quick question. I have approved I-360 since 8/14/2007, my lawyer said I need to file I-485 again in order to schedule an interview.
    But I already filed I-485 2 years ago along with I-130, I-131, I-765. on the bases of marriage.

What should I do ?
    Thank you.

Comment

First, fire that lawyer. Sounds like an idiot. You do not have to file another I-485. Get infopass and ask USCIS whats going on.

Comment

I was hoping I wont have to do that, because it's extra 2500 dollars, that I would have to come up with.

Comment

What happened with your old application? Was it denied?
          Anyway, you do need to file another I-485, because now you are applying on the basis of approved I-360, not on the basis of marriage; it's the different story and you need new supporting documentation.
          If your I-360 was related with domestic violence, you may be eligible for filing fee waiver. Check out the instruction for I-485.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by toofast:
            I was hoping I wont have to do that, because it's extra 2500 dollars, that I would have to come up with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where do you come up with $2500? The form is no where near that; is that what the lawyer charged???

Comment

The form is only $1000; how do you get $2500? And you filed it along with the other forms so why file again?

Please, once again, never listen to others on this site. I am the only one that knows what I am talking about here. I honestly don't know why people offer advice on things they know nothing about. Who said anything about domestic violence ?

Comment

application is almost $1000 and lawyer's fee is $1500, and yes my I-360 was approved because of abusive spouse, but I still don't think I need to file I-485 again, and finally, no, my original I-485 was not denied, it's still pending.

Comment

Oh no; another "abused spouse" scammer. Sorry I offered my help. Glad to see at least you got ripped off by a lawyer.
                  $2500 for a $1000 form; LOL

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">application is almost $1000 and lawyer's fee is $1500, and yes my I-360 was approved because of abusive spouse, but I still don't think I need to file I-485 again, and finally, no, my original I-485 was not denied, it's still pending. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless your spouse will prepare new affidavit of support for you and will appear on the interview, you cannot use the old marriage-based I-485 form.
                    You absolutely don't need lawyer's help anymore. Since your I-360 got approved, you should not have any problems with I-485, it's just a formality. You can apply for work authorization or driver license now; however, if you want greencard, you have to use new I-485.

Comment

omozon-thank you and SonofMichael: I'm sorry to say, that you think so of me, I'm left here all alone with my now 1 year old son. My husband is in jail for what he's done and that's where he belongs.
                      I'm only doing this to ensure my son's future, but i guess, people like you judge other people without getting to know them first.
                      I thought I get help here&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Comment

Yea? and what is it that your husband supposedly done and why is he in jail? Who's kid is it? What country are you from? How did you meet?

Comment

hey toofast, just wondering what evidence you had to prove that your husband was abusive. Were you helped by a lawyer? I would really appreciate if you share these details with me, as I am in the process of filing I-360 due to an abusive relationship. If you don't want to post your message here, you could send me a private message. I strongly appreciate it and good luck with everything.

Comment

I have no doubt people abuse the law and that makes it even harder for someone like me.

at the same time I would feel the same way as you do right now, Germany (where am from) has many illegal immig. also and trust me I'm not happy about that either.
                            My son John is of course his kid and we met in Germany since he served on the military base.

I feel confident I can do this without any lawyer now since you guys gave me some more info.

And don't be mad at me or anyone else here, because bottom line is, American people are so preoccupied caring for their big houses even bigger cars etc. and no one really cares what's happening even worst they do nothing about it.

illegal Mexicans marching for rights ????? on foreign soil how ridicules.

Comment

So what was the evidence of this abuse? Why don't you answer the question?

Comment

Working...
                              X