I 864 Assets Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 864 Assets Questions

Hello All - My parents are filling out I 864 for my sister and they have to provide assets so my sister can be eligible for immigrant visa.

The question I have is say if my parents have $10K in a bank as joint owners. So either one can have full access to the money. How should this be reported on I-864? Should it be as $10K only under my mom (I 864) who is the petitioner? Or Should it be as $5K under my mom (I 864) and then $5K under my dad (I 864A)?

Thanks for your help.

Hello All - My parents are filling out I 864 for my sister and they have to provide assets so my sister can be eligible for immigrant visa.

The question I have is say if my parents have $10K in a bank as joint owners. So either one can have full access to the money. How should this be reported on I-864? Should it be as $10K only under my mom (I 864) who is the petitioner? Or Should it be as $5K under my mom (I 864) and then $5K under my dad (I 864A)?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Any one can show even 100%.

Comment

So it will be OK if my mother shows $10K as savings on her I-864?

Comment

Hi JP,

I believe Tak is correct. She should be able to show the full amount since she has unrestricted access to the money being the joint owner of the account. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X