Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The moral of the story... 18 years later.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The moral of the story... 18 years later.

In 1987 I met 4 men from Pakistan, in the waiting room, at the INS office. They had been in the US for 3 months, and had each paid a farmer $500 to write them a letter saying that they were migrant farm workers.

I got front desked that same day in 87, due to a 48 hr absents from the US that I voluntarily disclosed when asked under oath by the INS officer.

I ran into one of those Pakistani men 10 years later. A very nice guy. He had become US citizen. And had imported his entire family from Pakistan.

The Farmer: betrayed his Country

The Pakistani: Committed Fraud, and got away with it.

The INS officer: Lazy! Did not do his job, also betrayed his Country.

Me: Honest. Foolish? And still an Illegal Alien!

In 1987 I met 4 men from Pakistan, in the waiting room, at the INS office. They had been in the US for 3 months, and had each paid a farmer $500 to write them a letter saying that they were migrant farm workers.

I got front desked that same day in 87, due to a 48 hr absents from the US that I voluntarily disclosed when asked under oath by the INS officer.

I ran into one of those Pakistani men 10 years later. A very nice guy. He had become US citizen. And had imported his entire family from Pakistan.

The Farmer: betrayed his Country

The Pakistani: Committed Fraud, and got away with it.

The INS officer: Lazy! Did not do his job, also betrayed his Country.

Me: Honest. Foolish? And still an Illegal Alien!

Comment

He did what he had to do. If he is doing nothing wrong then its fine. Sometimes you have to do these things to get ahead.

Comment

Working...
      X