I need help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help!

I've been in U.S since February 1998, i came with visa just to visit and my parents decided to stay, my visa is expired and i'm desperate to get my residency and become a legal US citizen, all i wanna do is go to college and get a descent job. please let me know if there is a way for me to get it done...

I've been in U.S since February 1998, i came with visa just to visit and my parents decided to stay, my visa is expired and i'm desperate to get my residency and become a legal US citizen, all i wanna do is go to college and get a descent job. please let me know if there is a way for me to get it done...

Comment

getting married to a U.S. citizen and adjusting your status to permanent resident is the only way for you.

Comment

If his parents are USC's can't they petition?

Comment

didn't he or she imply that they all came here on a visitor's visa and his/her parents made a decision to stay illegally?

Comment

yeah my parents made the descision to stay...i had no choice in any of it, now i'm 22 and i'm f****ed,
            ...thanks for responding... i wish there was another way to get my stuff...

Comment

So sad.

Why isn't there a program to help people like this? This woman wants to be legal, yet it seems the government is forcing her to remain illegal.

Comment

There're already mechanisms for people like her. Exit the country first and the re-enter legally under different categories that allow the pursue of permanent resident.

Comment

Ok, but wouldn't she be banned for 3 or 10 years? Not exactly an attractive offer.

Comment

Yes, wouldn't she be banned for 3 or 10 years? Or the 3/10 years bare is taken in consideration only if you have been deported? If she leaves the US on her own and then came back, can her parents apply for her? And can she then be able to adjust her status?

Comment

Welziak

Get a grip. you said"Why isn't there a program to help people like this? This woman wants to be legal, yet it seems the government is forcing her to remain illegal."

The government is not forcing her to remain illegal. .. Her parents forced her to be illegal! Place blame where blame is due.

Yes of course she will be subject to the 3/10 year bar. Lucy has given her the solution.. the only solution for her situation.. Marry USC.

Comment

Marrying to a USC will fo the job short and sweet. Other options are risky and hazy.

Comment

Mo

Did I miss something??? "other options are risky and hazy" What options might they be. She is illegal overstay. marriage is only option that forgives illegal overstay. But if you know others please let the board know as it may help someone out there.

Comment

Theres no other way out of this.

She will have to fall in love with a USC before this misery is over, period!

Comment

Every USC ought to visit this site. If I had before I got married, I'd still be single right now! USC's BEWARE!
                              Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Working...
                              X