Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• support letter

Hi
    I have my aunt who lives outside USA and she wants to come here for a visit.
    She needs a support letter.
    Can somebody please tell me what kind of support letter does she need.
    What do i have to do?

Thanks

Hi
    I have my aunt who lives outside USA and she wants to come here for a visit.
    She needs a support letter.
    Can somebody please tell me what kind of support letter does she need.
    What do i have to do?

Thanks

Comment

You need to show that you can financially support your relatives while they are in US... For that you need to fill a form called "Affidavit of Support form(Form I-134)"... You need to get it notarized too...

Here is an example for sponsoring letter / support letter ...

Your Name
      123 Park Avenue,
      Iselin, NJ 08830, USA
      Home: phone
      Work: phone

November 22, 1999

To,
      American Consulate General,
      Lincoln House,
      78 Bhulabhai Desai Road,
      Mumbai - 400 026
      INDIA

Sub: Issuance of visitor's visa to my parents

Dear Sir/Madam,
      I, name, work as a Software Developer at AT&T Inc. located at Piscataway, NJ and earn $60,000 per year. I would like to invite my parents, Mr. xxx and Mrs. xxx, to visit USA for tourism purpose and to meet me. They will be staying with me at my home at the above mentioned address for 6 months.During their stay in United States, I will bear their all responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities, return air ticket fare to travel from INDIA to USA and back, travel expense within USA, medical insurance, housing and food. I will personally make sure that they leave United States before the expiration of their authorized stay. I will also personally make sure that they will not become public charge on the part of United States government.
      So I respectfully request you to grant my parents visitors' visa.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

(xxx)

Comment

It looks good, Just delete "FOR 6 MONTHS" Upon arrival they will be allowed six months.
        Also get a letter from your Company and letter from your CPA that you have already file tax upto 2004. This should take care.
        Best of luck.
        amchi mumbami

Comment

yep good point made by sab34 ... do it for 1 or 2 months .... good luck ...yep amachi mumbai

Comment

Working...
          X