Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: re i-485

Hi when you are filling out the i-485 for your spouse who is here on a tourist visa so came legally which box to u check on the form on the choices from a-h i.e he is the husband of the us wife..
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

Hi when you are filling out the i-485 for your spouse who is here on a tourist visa so came legally which box to u check on the form on the choices from a-h i.e he is the husband of the us wife..
    Regards and thanks,

Comment

He'd use A, Mary.

They do need to wait for the I-130 approval before sending it.
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

i spoke to immigration she said my friend can mail the i-485 all toether ..
        Regards and thanks,

Comment

If thats what they said, then go for it. Usually, that packet is sent along with the I-130, so I'd be a little concerned about the two not being reconciled.
          The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

shw said to mail the i-485 i-864 i-693 i-765 and i-131 for a fee of 1070 does that sound righ to u ? we maile the i-130 a month ago and gor a receipt But we mailed it based on marriage to a lpr since then the wife is a us citizen.
            Regards and thanks,

Comment

It doesn't matter that the I-130 was as an LPR. It can be upgraded. People do it all the time.

Cost does sound about right. I would suggest that they include a copy of the receipt and a copy of the naturalization certificate.

Comment

so do the have to wait for a respnse for the i-130 as all they get is a receipt i heard it can take years .
                Regards and thanks,

Comment

It won't take years, Mary. They generally process them pretty quickly. It's the wait time for a visa number that can take years, but since she's now a citizen, that's not an issue.

My advice would be for her to call and request it be upgraded, and also send a letter with a copy of her naturalization certificate.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation