Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding sponsorship

Hello All,
    I have been asked by a friend to be a sponsor for his fiance. I would like to know what sort of questions I should ask them prior to agreeing. I feel that his fiance is worthy of citizenship, and I have known him for a few years. We are all college alums. I plan to ask if she has any children. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Roy

Hello All,
    I have been asked by a friend to be a sponsor for his fiance. I would like to know what sort of questions I should ask them prior to agreeing. I feel that his fiance is worthy of citizenship, and I have known him for a few years. We are all college alums. I plan to ask if she has any children. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Roy

Comment

Signing up for co-sponsorship means that you'll be financially responsible and will have to pay back any federal/local public benefits until she becomes a citizen. So, make sure that she won't apply for welfare, SSI, food stamps, etc.

Cheers.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I plan to get as much info as possible.

Comment

The best way to get more info is read the I 864 form itself... u will know all that you want to know about affidavit of support...good luck...Pasha

Comment

Working...
          X