siebling of US citizen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• siebling of US citizen

My sister in law is a US citizen. Early this year she filed an I-130 application on belhalf of my wife (and the whole family). We are not planning to rellocate to the US, but since it takes such a long time, we did it just in case(hey, you never know what might happen in 12 years time).
    We do travel every now and then to the US on vacations. And now I am worried that it will be impossible to get a visitors visa for TWELVE years!!! Is that so? or the pending application does not affect visiting the US if you can prove attachment to our country of residency (we own a house and have business here in Spain)?

My sister in law is a US citizen. Early this year she filed an I-130 application on belhalf of my wife (and the whole family). We are not planning to rellocate to the US, but since it takes such a long time, we did it just in case(hey, you never know what might happen in 12 years time).
    We do travel every now and then to the US on vacations. And now I am worried that it will be impossible to get a visitors visa for TWELVE years!!! Is that so? or the pending application does not affect visiting the US if you can prove attachment to our country of residency (we own a house and have business here in Spain)?

Comment

Good venue! As long as you have abundant evidence that you're entering the U.S. with the intention of vacationing and for touristic purposes, as you're entitled to as a E.U. member via the visa waiver, you should be fine.

As far as I know, BCIS can technically assume that you have immigrant intent, and it could endanger the petition in the long haul, but it's got a slim chance as long as you stick to your part of the visa waiver aggreement AND stongly prove it to the accusing BCIS officer when challenged!

Comment

Thank you very much Pandora.

Comment

Working...
        X