Malpractice lawsuit against immigration lawyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malpractice lawsuit against immigration lawyer

Hi! I have and urgent need for advice in the very complicated situation I'm now.I filed
    I-360 under VAWA against my spouse( USC ).
    2 weeks ago I decided to discharge my lawyer because his incompetence and his repeated mistakes in my opinion could very well lead to rejection of my petition by Vermont Service Center.Just a few days ago he received on his address Request for Additional Evidence from Vermont Service Center and I have 60 days to respond otherwise my application will be deemed abandoned.I just want to mention that I don't receive copies of the letters that VSC send to my lawyer regarding my application.My former lawyer doesn't want to turn over this letter claiming that I owe him money.The amount involved is really small since I already paid most of the fees in advance and I have no problem paying it.But this kind of extortion is something I never expected from a man I trusted with such a sensitive case.Of course I could file complaints against him with every possible institution but honestly I feel sick and tired of everything that happened with me since last year and I don't know whether I even don't want to continue to pursue my case.Anyway I need to do everything possible to resolve this situation quickly so my question is how and where in the State of Illinois can I file complaint against this lawyer? How can I file malpractice lawsuit against him? I will appreciate your response very much.
    Thank you

Hi! I have and urgent need for advice in the very complicated situation I'm now.I filed
    I-360 under VAWA against my spouse( USC ).
    2 weeks ago I decided to discharge my lawyer because his incompetence and his repeated mistakes in my opinion could very well lead to rejection of my petition by Vermont Service Center.Just a few days ago he received on his address Request for Additional Evidence from Vermont Service Center and I have 60 days to respond otherwise my application will be deemed abandoned.I just want to mention that I don't receive copies of the letters that VSC send to my lawyer regarding my application.My former lawyer doesn't want to turn over this letter claiming that I owe him money.The amount involved is really small since I already paid most of the fees in advance and I have no problem paying it.But this kind of extortion is something I never expected from a man I trusted with such a sensitive case.Of course I could file complaints against him with every possible institution but honestly I feel sick and tired of everything that happened with me since last year and I don't know whether I even don't want to continue to pursue my case.Anyway I need to do everything possible to resolve this situation quickly so my question is how and where in the State of Illinois can I file complaint against this lawyer? How can I file malpractice lawsuit against him? I will appreciate your response very much.
    Thank you

Comment

You have more important things to worry about ! If you get deported how would you collect ? You sound like a nasty person.

Comment

to file a complaint against an attorney is not that easy task. you have to follow certain procedure. you have to file a complaint, have to give him a copy of your disagrement, also provide him a time to correct his mistake if he is willing to, and if not then only it will be in effect. document of all the claims will a good support for you.
        Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Working...
        X