Interview last weeek but no stamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview last weeek but no stamp

Hello to everyone. I am new to this board and would like some advice. Last week my husband and I went ot the interview. Well the officer said everything was fine and took the index fingerprint of my husbands right hand but at the end said he could not give him the stamp because the background check was not back? My husband took hi fingerprints around October/2003. SAid we would get something in the mail within 60 days letting him know where he needed to go and get his passport stamped. Anyone ever heard of this experience? Will it take more than 60 days? Please help!
    Thank You.

Hello to everyone. I am new to this board and would like some advice. Last week my husband and I went ot the interview. Well the officer said everything was fine and took the index fingerprint of my husbands right hand but at the end said he could not give him the stamp because the background check was not back? My husband took hi fingerprints around October/2003. SAid we would get something in the mail within 60 days letting him know where he needed to go and get his passport stamped. Anyone ever heard of this experience? Will it take more than 60 days? Please help!
    Thank You.

Comment

They give the stamp at the interview unless there is a serious problem. In all likliehood, your spouse is a terrorist or a criminal and he will be deported.

Comment

someone please help me. Please

Comment

How can I post on discussion board?

Comment

We had our interview at the Dallas site with the new Pilot program too but were told they don't stamp anything until the FBI background check comes back, following the fingerprinting process. We are now waiting for the fingerprinting letter which we have to have before we can get fingerprinted and they said we should expect that letter around 10 days and then once we fingerprint the FBI check takes about 2 months.

All in all, the entire process in the Dallas office is supposed to be 90 days from interview to finalization of temporary, 2-year green card (based on marriage).

Comment

My professional advice to you would be to go to immigration and confess your crime and hope they do not put you in jail.

Comment

Mick-Hole (Michael)get a life. are your hands tired of helping yourself get off?

Comment

Seems to me that you have not been fingerprinted but in my case my husband has been fingerprinted its already been about seven months

Comment

Michael

I do not know you but you are the BEST. Show these GRINTS their place. Your doing GREAT job.

KEEP IT UP

Comment

Happy1 which district Office did you guys go tofor the interview?

Comment

L.A

Comment

That's correct - my husband has not yet been fingerprinted. We hope to get the notice by next week. According to the Dallas office, they said it is a quick process and once the finger prints are done the hold up is on the FBI background check which can take 2 months. They actually sound pretty confident that no problems arising from the background check, it should all be completed 90 days from the interview date.

But again, we are in the Dallas pilot program. That may not be the case in other offices although I can't imagine why it's taking so long for your husbands check to come back.... Can you call or stop by the immigration office and talk to them about this? Do some sort of inquiry or re-do the FBI check?

Comment

need to wait at least 60 days

Comment

Umesh or pasha anyone please help? We are trying to go on a long awaited vacation and after 14 years of my husband not seeing his family? Someone please help!

Comment

Working...
                              X