Secondary evidence for a bonafide marriage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary evidence for a bonafide marriage

When I sent the I-130, I didn't have much in secondary evidence available (just wedding photos). Now that I have some additional evidence (joint bank, joint lease, etc...) should I send it seperatly to the USCIS or will they request it if they want to, or just wait for the interview?

When I sent the I-130, I didn't have much in secondary evidence available (just wedding photos). Now that I have some additional evidence (joint bank, joint lease, etc...) should I send it seperatly to the USCIS or will they request it if they want to, or just wait for the interview?

Comment

Hi wazwooz,
      I would wait to see if they send me an RFE(Request for Evidence) before i send out the additional evidence.If they don't you can show them at the interview.
      "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

Wazwooz,

Cool Id and WELCOME to ILW.

I Can Answer This One No Problem!

Joint Bank Acct, Joint Lease/Mortgage Etc.

Pictures Together. Big Fat Diamond Ring

Your In! Take all proof With You To Interview. Hold Hands, Show Love, Etc.
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

gee...post-dated leases, etc....how long did it take you to forge those "signatures" and "dates?"....We don't want scam artists in the US of A.....

Comment

S12..is everyone guilty before innocent in your mind? t

Not that they have done anything wrong anyway, but it's like everyone is a fraud or committed a crime the way you see it.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
            1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
              gee...post-dated leases, etc....how long did it take you to forge those "signatures" and "dates?"....We don't want scam artists in the US of A..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CIS is So Screwed Up, What Difference Does It Make??? Eventually We Will Have More Contributors To The Cause! just A Matter Of Time. Our Rantings Wont Discourage the GOOD American Being Tricked!

Its A Take My Card and Call Me in 2 years and 1 day Way of thinking! "DON'T LOSE THE CARD, YOU WILL BE NEEDING IT"!
              USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

SPGirl...if the OP couldn't figure out that he/she needed some evidence about this 'relationship'...why didn't this idiot bring it to the first interview? How does one "forget" viable evidence, but then, a few days later,..why, what a surprise, suddenly there is some back-dated lease or bank account....my my my....yes, I have a lot of doubts about these kinds of 'relationships' and 'proof' -- especially when the 'just discovered' evidence is miraculously discovered a week after the first interview....

Comment

Dont lose That Card! You Will Be Needing It!!

Remember Where You Heard It! We Will Be looking Forward To Seeing You In The Future. As a VICTIM!
                  We Are Here For The Victims! Just a Matter Of Time Before The Victims Out Weigh The Fraudsters!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
                    S12..is everyone guilty before innocent in your mind? t

Not that they have done anything wrong anyway, but it's like everyone is a fraud or committed a crime the way you see it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Will Answer for S12. YES!!! Those That Truly Have Good intentions Will Not Be Here!!! They will Be Enjoying The Dream as A Couple. Forever and Always!!! And Will Have No Need For ILW! Or Any other immigration Board! They Will Be Living The AMERICAN DREAM!!! Not Asking Questions Here. Not Wondering Why, Or What Happened! They Will Not Be Seeking Answers To Why They Where Defrauded Of Their Lives!!!

Yes "Illegal" immigrants guilty!!! Before and After!

Comment

s12...where did he mention this was a 2nd interview? Sorry I'm lost.

With all due respect, it does happen. Some people don't have all the evidence at the time in filing, in fact not even for the interview.

Sometimes you can't have all those joint names on paperwork for one reason or another.
                      Just because he isn't giving us all the ins and out or as to why he didn't have it, doesn't make it fraud.

Sometimes S12, I think you are inspecting people's stories with a magnifying glass to see if there is a hole somewhere to accuse fraud.

I see where you are coming from, but sometimes I don't think you are giving the benefit of the doubt in many cases.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Wazwooz, I'm with Caribbeanman on this. Unless they send you an RFE, don't worry about it. Take it all with you to your interview though. Even if you don't have to show it, it's better to have it with you than not have it and be asked. The more the better!

As for you other two ... DCW, the immigration process is confusing and there's so much conflicting information on the internet. Does a person that wants to know what to expect from start to finish really fit in to the category of having 'bad intentions'? And what's wrong with someone sticking around after they've gotten their own answers and helping others going through the same thing? It's only fair to give back if you're able. And S12, I kinda feel sorry for you. What a tiny, narrow existence you must lead.
                        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

If those 'leases' and 'bank statements' are put under a microscope, I would bet that the 'signatures' and 'dates' are phony....that is my opinion....if you don't agree, well, that's your choice....but I smell something stinky....smells like fraud to me....

Comment

S12...here let me give you a tissue to blow your nose with...you must have fraud smell stuck up there lol

Or maybe see a doc about your sinuses.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                              If those 'leases' and 'bank statements' are put under a microscope, I would bet that the 'signatures' and 'dates' are phony....that is my opinion....if you don't agree, well, that's your choice....but I smell something stinky....smells like fraud to me.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh, conclusion jumping. If it were an olympic sport, this forum could boast quite a few gold medal winners.

Perhaps the OP and his/her spouse weren't living together initially. Perhaps they were staying with family, or friends, or in separate countries completely. Perhaps they were waiting on an SSN to arrive before he/she could get a bank account.

My husband and I have been married 9 1/2 years and don't currently have any joint bank accounts either. We own two homes and neither are in joint names. All have perfectly legitimate reasons why not.
                              The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Working...
                              X