Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSS/LULAC

Does anyone has any problem renewing their travel documents? I sent my request on August 2006 and decision has not been made. I have called customer service but they say they do not know what is going on.

Does anyone has any problem renewing their travel documents? I sent my request on August 2006 and decision has not been made. I have called customer service but they say they do not know what is going on.

Comment

I applied and paid for my I-131 Sept 2005. During my 3rd interview (I've had 4 so far) Oct 2006, I inquired about my I-131. I was told to go to window 2 after the interview, to pick up your travel document. (note: that was right after I was told my I-687 is being denied) When I got to window 2, I was told that I-131's expire after 1 year. Therefore the document that I paid for and never got, had already expired. No refunds. Have a nice day.......I know, I know, don't complain. I'm an illegal alien and have no rights, if I don't like it I should leave the Country!!!

PS> Putting up with the USCIS BS is a small price to pay, to be in the greatest Country on earth. That's how I see it.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by privilege:
        Does anyone has any problem renewing their travel documents? I sent my request on August 2006 and decision has not been made. I have called customer service but they say they do not know what is going on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I applied as well never got a reply.

Comment

I think uscis need to be taken back to court because they do not respect the court settlement. I don't understand why peter schey is not taking any legal action.

Comment

Hi, same happen to me it's been a year and no answer for my advanced parole (travel document)
            I went more than 3 times to ask all they said is "It is still pending"

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unique:
              I applied and paid for my I-131 Sept 2005. During my 3rd interview (I've had 4 so far) Oct 2006, I inquired about my I-131. I was told to go to window 2 after the interview, to pick up your travel document. (note: that was right after I was told my I-687 is being denied) When I got to window 2, I was told that I-131's expire after 1 year. Therefore the document that I paid for and never got, had already expired. No refunds. Have a nice day.......I know, I know, don't complain. I'm an illegal alien and have no rights, if I don't like it I should leave the Country!!!

PS&gt; Putting up with the USCIS BS is a small price to pay, to be in the greatest Country on earth. That's how I see it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you give us your experience in all 4 interviews? because I think 4 interviews are so many.

Comment

has any CSS/ LULAC applicant tried to adjust status through employment? please share your experience.

Comment

waking up early and standing inline for infopass = lose one day salary

filed for reschedule of I-687 = $.39 stamp + 1hour of my time.

denial letter, uscis claiming they didnt receive any letter from me. = shocked

filing motion to re-open = $385

USCIS not doing their job = PRICELESS!!!!

for everything else, they are just ignoring CSS/LULAC applicants.

Comment

you know it and
                    they know it too
                    that only 2% case are real
                    for everything else(98%) its denial..

keep appealing
                    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mohan:
                      you know it and
                      they know it too
                      that only 2% case are real
                      for everything else(98%) its denial..

keep appealing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok I agree that not all cases are real however there is court settlement to follow. USCIS cannot decide to seat on a case for years without making decision. If they decide cases are not real, they should notify the applicant instead of wasting time.

Comment

I was reading the proposed settlement of the legalization class action lawsuit that is ongoing in the Washington Western District Court,

Class definition:

All persons who entered the United States prior to January 1, 1982, who are
                        otherwise eligible for legalization under INA §245A, 8 U.S.C. §1255a, and 1) who
                        were deterred from timely filing an application for legalization because of INS's
                        regulations and policies, or 2) who filed a legalization application and a) the
                        application remains pending, or b) the application was denied, or c) the application
                        was granted and then later the applicant was subjected to the termination process, or
                        d) the applicant has otherwise not been approved for permanent resident status, and
                        who:

[1] Violated the terms of their nonimmigrant status prior to January 1, 1982
                        in a manner known to the government because documentation (including
                        the absence of certain records) existed in one or more government agencies
                        which, taken as a whole, would warrant a finding that the applicant was in
                        an unlawful status prior to January 1, 1982; or
                        [2] Violated the terms of their nonimmigrant visas prior to January 1, 1982
                        and whose violations were required to be made known to the INS pursuant
                        to then existing regulations, but who are unable pursuant to 8 C.F.R.
                        §245a.1(d) and §245a.2(d) to establish to the satisfaction of the INS for
                        purposes of legalization eligibility that such violations were made known to
                        INS because INS either destroyed such records or failed to store or
                        otherwise record such information in the official Service alien file; or
                        [3] After January 1, 1982 continuously maintained an unlawful residence in
                        the United States and who, after January 1, 1982 applied for and unlawfully
                        received a reinstatement to nonimmigrant status, change of nonimmigrant
                        status pursuant to INA §248, adjustment of status pursuant to INA §245, or
                        some other immigration benefit from INS, or the Department of State.

There is also language in the settlement that Defendent (USCIS) will not deport someone until they disprove a plaintiff's case. I haven't heard deportation language before. And the plaintiff's attorney's seem to be ok with it.

This is indeed troublesome for me at least.

Anyone has any other insight?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed