Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls Help- Any advice appreciated

Hi All,

Thanks for taking your time to read this. I'm a recent college grad (may 04) - did my undergraduate at cornell under an F1 visa. Now, I'm working as a temp under an OPT authorization (Optional Practical Training) which is valid for a year after graduation. Here's my problem: I'm an actor and artist and would like to stay in New York/US to work. My visa runs up June next year. I'm trying to save up to go back to school, but that's not going to happen soon. I have a liberal arts degree (psychology) - and haven't been able to secure a fulltime job, let alone one with a large company willing to sponsor me to stay on.
    I'm going to apply for the diversity lottery program but is there anything else I can do? I really want to stay here to fulfill my dreams. I do not want to go back home..

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!!!!

Hi All,

Thanks for taking your time to read this. I'm a recent college grad (may 04) - did my undergraduate at cornell under an F1 visa. Now, I'm working as a temp under an OPT authorization (Optional Practical Training) which is valid for a year after graduation. Here's my problem: I'm an actor and artist and would like to stay in New York/US to work. My visa runs up June next year. I'm trying to save up to go back to school, but that's not going to happen soon. I have a liberal arts degree (psychology) - and haven't been able to secure a fulltime job, let alone one with a large company willing to sponsor me to stay on.
    I'm going to apply for the diversity lottery program but is there anything else I can do? I really want to stay here to fulfill my dreams. I do not want to go back home..

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Marry a US citizen.

Comment

Do NOT marry a US citizen unless you would marry if no immigration benefits were involved.

Go to grad school if you cannot get an H1.

Comment

Grad School is your best bet for now, once you're here legally you have more options.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X