Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Checks

Hello,

Yesterday I were interviewed for adjustment of status through marriage.After the interview, the Officer told me my case is being held for the Security Checks and I will receive a decision within 60 days after 7/10/02. No additional information is necessary from me at this time.

1.What that mean?
    2. What is the security Cheks.
    3. What is the difference bettween Fingerprint check and Security check? I have already done the Fingerprint.
    4. What is the next step?
    Thanks

Hello,

Yesterday I were interviewed for adjustment of status through marriage.After the interview, the Officer told me my case is being held for the Security Checks and I will receive a decision within 60 days after 7/10/02. No additional information is necessary from me at this time.

1.What that mean?
    2. What is the security Cheks.
    3. What is the difference bettween Fingerprint check and Security check? I have already done the Fingerprint.
    4. What is the next step?
    Thanks

Comment

This is the newly adapted Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) database against which the INS checks with other federal agencies,like CIA,FBI,DEA,Customs,etc that you have no record and it may take a while to check and double check this as INS is now implementing zero tolerance and they don't want to be the laughing stock again coz of the 9/11 incidents.

Comment

It's not new Bugsy, they had to do checks on me too and that was 3 years ago.

Like Bugsy said, they are just checking with the FBI, CIA, whoever else they want to about you.

Comment

Marie, i stand corrected. merci.

Comment

De rien

Comment

Working...
            X