Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valida I-94 to enter the US at Vancouver/Seattle border

Dear all:

I am currently holding L-1 status (no visa), my family L-2 status. Our I-94s are valid until August 2007. We all hold China passports.

We have recently received our Canada immigrant visas. We are thinking of driving from Seattle to Vancouver, stay in Canada for a week, then drive back to the U.S.

My questions is:

Would CBP allow us to come in with our current valid I-94? My previous driving experience between U.S. and Canada border was that CBP would not bother, they did not even check my Canada tourist visa, when they saw my valid I-94. Since we are having Canada immigrant visas this time, would they stop us at the border?

We have also thought of applying our L-1/2 visas in U.S. Consulate in Vancouver, but not sure if we would make it a successful case, since we have just arrived in Canada, and we had a change of status in the U.S. We kind of felt that U.S. visa officers are generally unhappy to see change of status and try their best to not issue you a visa. Is that true?

Any input is valuable to us. We thank you for your information.

Dear all:

I am currently holding L-1 status (no visa), my family L-2 status. Our I-94s are valid until August 2007. We all hold China passports.

We have recently received our Canada immigrant visas. We are thinking of driving from Seattle to Vancouver, stay in Canada for a week, then drive back to the U.S.

My questions is:

Would CBP allow us to come in with our current valid I-94? My previous driving experience between U.S. and Canada border was that CBP would not bother, they did not even check my Canada tourist visa, when they saw my valid I-94. Since we are having Canada immigrant visas this time, would they stop us at the border?

We have also thought of applying our L-1/2 visas in U.S. Consulate in Vancouver, but not sure if we would make it a successful case, since we have just arrived in Canada, and we had a change of status in the U.S. We kind of felt that U.S. visa officers are generally unhappy to see change of status and try their best to not issue you a visa. Is that true?

Any input is valuable to us. We thank you for your information.

Comment

Working...
    X