H1B, consulting, and greencard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B, consulting, and greencard

Hi -- I am a current H1B holder and planning to apply for permanent residence. However I recently did some consulting which although related to my H1B job was paid to me directly and I now understand was wrong. I included the additional income etc on my taxes. Is this consulting going to be a problem as I apply for permanent residency? Will it matter if I apply through my employer versus through marriage?

Hi -- I am a current H1B holder and planning to apply for permanent residence. However I recently did some consulting which although related to my H1B job was paid to me directly and I now understand was wrong. I included the additional income etc on my taxes. Is this consulting going to be a problem as I apply for permanent residency? Will it matter if I apply through my employer versus through marriage?

Comment

H1-B holder is not permitted to work for anyone else except for the sponsoring company (not even working for themselves). Its not going to matter whether the future AOS is employment or marriage based.Whether its going to be a problem or not depend on whether the USCIS officer will caught your violation or not from the tax return data.

Comment

Working...
      X