Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you celebrate after getting your Greencard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you celebrate after getting your Greencard?

Hi folks,
    Just want to ask you on how you celebrate the ecstatic joy of receiving your greencard?

Hi folks,
    Just want to ask you on how you celebrate the ecstatic joy of receiving your greencard?

Comment

I WILL CELEBRATE THE JOY BY THROWING A BIG PARTY BY A SWIMMING POOL AT A NICE HOTEL.I MAY INVITE YOU TOO IF YOU SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS. I WILL SEND YOU A TICKET IF YOU WANT,BUT RIGHT NOW IT IS TOO EARLY TO FIX THE DATE AS MY PAPER STILL AT EARLY STAGE.

Comment

I will also have a party; all immigrants are invited...

Comment

I guess I did the boring going out to eat with hubby thing! lol

Now for my citizenship, I'll also go out to eat..that's what I do to celebrate...hehehe

Comment

when I arrived in the US with my son to follow my husband ( my son's dad), in two weeks I received my GC. I did not feel excited, it seems just an ordinary day for me, after a week I received my SS number, after one month stay, I went back home to my country of origin, then after six months I came back stayed another six months, then apply for permit to travel abroad to allow me to stay for two years without abandoning my US residency.

Comment

Make as many photocopies and send each of your friends one of them...but then, watch out not to lose the original, you'll need it!

Comment

atty, you did not need the green card, obviously. For ya getting the green card was for sport. Frame it and put it in wall (no, I'm not being sarcastic!) it'll be much better than anywhere else, especially beacuse it's not being used...

Comment

Bugsy, are you a GC holder now? It's hard to follow these threads sometimes, and I'm wondering if congratulations are in order! Whatever you do, don't copy and mail copies of your green card!!! I know the poster (celebratio) was being silly, but that is distributing information that could be used for document fraud, and you could lose the card! Have a huge party, say a heartfelt prayer, and continue to help people on the board achieve the legal status you have.

Comment

Bah! I'd throw it to the garbage after all the troubles it caused so far...

Nah! Just joking... I'd go out eat at some fancy restaurant with my wife and mom-in-law I guess...

Comment

lol lol very funny bush lol

Comment

bush, you have a unique sense of humor

Comment

oh my goodness... what a thought... when my husband gets his green card I think that I will die of a heart attack... I can't even imagine the amount of joy and freedom that I will suddenly feel. It will be like the hugest weight in the world has been lifted off off my shoulders. I don't think I will celebrate at all, because a celebration just couldn't even begin to capture the pure ectasy that I will be feeling. I will simply grab the phone and call my baby... I will let him know and I will smile and feel that free sensation in my heart... I will find a way to get him a ticket and get him here asap, I will tell him to make sure he gets in the residents line.

If I could find enough money I would fly down to get him.... and fly back in just to walk through the same airport that deported him with him on my arm in the residents' line. I just came back into the states through that airport... and it is such a terrible feeling standing in the line looking at the faces of the immigration officials, and knowing how they treated him. It would be such a feeling of pure liberty to walk in through the citzen and resident's line with him.

But either way after I get the news I will just stand there and hug him for ages and ages, knowing that our future is really about to begin.

Man just thinking about it brings a smile to my face... thanks for the positive email.

Comment

LOL Do I?

No way :-) Isn't it right that we go thru a hardtime of processing and waiting, etc. etc. Instead of throwing it to the garbage, the idea of framing it and hanging it on the wall sounds better... :-)

Good luck everyone!

Comment

I know there are a lot families out there hoping to get their green cards soon. Don't forget one thing...

MIRACLES HAPPEN TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE!

Comment

Working...
                              X