Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greencard renew

hi
    my greencard by marrige expired in 2009 and i forgot to renew it is it to late to still renew
    and how much will it cost

hi
    my greencard by marrige expired in 2009 and i forgot to renew it is it to late to still renew
    and how much will it cost

Comment

''green card by marriage'' here we have another visa cheat who used the sacred sacrament of marriage for unlawful purposes. He adds: "expired in 2009 and i forgot to renew it'' this is too stupid to answer.

Comment

No, it's not, assuming it's the 10 year card and not the 2 year.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Which card did you have, was it the 10 year or 2 year? Can anyone comment if this makes a difference or no?
          Always interested in the H1-B visa, the Eb-5 Visa Program and other Eb5 Investor Visa related issues.

Comment

If it was the 2 year green card, it will be a problem because a petition to remove conditions must be filed and approved in order to retain legal permanent resident status (and receive the 10 year green card).

Comment

im not a dishonest person it was a bad mistake on my behalf
              the card is for 2 years and all i want to do is renew it

Comment

by the way we all make mistakes

Comment

Justme2,

I think you need to speak to a reputable immigration attorney asap because you are currently considered out of status per the below. Good luck.

https://www.usimmigrationsuppo...ard-replacement.html

"•Remove "Conditional Residence": If your Green Card was issued less than 2 years ago, it might be a "conditional Green Card."A conditional residence Green Cards is valid only for two years. Individuals holding expired conditional Green Cards are considered “Out of Status” and the USCIS may start removal proceedings such as deportation. The Green Card Replacement Application Guide contains filing instructions on how to remove the conditional residence and apply for an unconditional and permanent Green Card."

Comment

Addition information regarding I-751 process.

Comment

It's not actually a 'renewal' justme2. It's a completely separate application. You were supposed to apply to have the conditions removed prior to the card's expiration. So yes, in this case, it will be a problem. You are now out of status and will need to have a really good reason as to why it was not done. Whether it was an honest mistake or not, "I forgot" won't cut it with the USCIS. You and your spouse were told at the time of approval and upon entering the US what your responsibilities were in regards to the conditional green card.

You need to contact the USCIS immediately to get the I-751 petition filed. As Proud said, a reputable immigration attorney wouldn't go astray in this case either.

P.S. Terry, yes, there is a difference. The 2 year card is conditional, given when the marriage is less than 2 years old at the time of approval. As said above, the holder must apply (with his/her spouse) to remove those conditions at least 3 months before the card is due to expire. If that's not done and the card expires, the person is out of status. Whereas with a 10 year card, you're never technically out of status even though it's expired.
                      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Working...
                      X