X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tamie
    replied
    thanks for the info hudson, 1 more problem i have as canadian we are alowed to stay in the usa for 6 months with out visa, i'm due to go back home on the 25th of september, is there anyway i can extend my stay and how do i procede,is too late ? please if any 1 have any info please let me know, thank you all and god bless

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tamie:
    you are rite, i think if i want to become a usa citizen i have to give up 1 of my 2 citizenships either the moroccan or the canadian, thank you all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Actually Tamie, the US Constitution does allow people to retain more than one citizenship if the other country recognizes dual citizenship. Read this for more info.

Leave a comment:

• Dietz
    replied
    Tamie:

You are getting some good advice here, but personally if it were me I'd go ahead and get married and file the I-130 and the I-485. Then you wouldn't have to go back, and you wouldn't have to worry about something happening that makes it difficult or impossible to reenter the United States later. It would be best to get married and file the paperwork before your six months runs out, but even if you didn't, you'd probably still be okay because you came into the country legally. As long as you are not a criminal, you came in legally, and you are lawfully married to a U.S. citizen they're going to grant the I-130 and the I-485. They do this for people who have been here years after their visas expire.

Leave a comment:

• tamie
    replied
    you are rite, i think if i want to become a usa citizen i have to give up 1 of my 2 citizenships either the moroccan or the canadian, thank you all

Leave a comment:

• tamie
    replied
    thanks hudson i guess there not that many options, god bless

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tamie:
    helo, any 1 out th2re who has advices please read and comment my case thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Your choice is one of two options:

1. Marry before your visa expires and have your husband petition for you by filing the I-485, I-130, and other required forms, also before your visa expires.

2. Go back to Canada and have your fiancee file the I-129F to petition for you on a K-1 visa.

I am not sure if there is any other options to discuss other than your fiancee immigrating to Canada.

Leave a comment:

• tamie
    replied
    helo, any 1 out th2re who has advices please read and comment my case thank you

Leave a comment:

• tamie
    replied
    if that what it takes so he will vote republic, see i already have my canadian passport so i dont want any usa passport or citizenship i just want to be able to work legaly , so since i have already double citizenship, Moroccan and canadian i dont think i can have a third , what do you guys think, thanks and god bless

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    Three weeks left? You have to marry and file in that three weeks.

Leave a comment:

• tamie
    replied
    breacking the law is never rewarded, better do the right thing and being honest always pay.

Leave a comment:

• MakeItRight!
    replied
    P.S. If The Honesty and Good Morals/Values And Good Intention Fails? Just Break A Law In USA. You Are Guaranteed To be Able To Stay! . Just Statistics.

Leave a comment:

• tamie
    replied
    thanks so much davdah and god bless you i already had an idea about the whole situation and you just confirm it, i think its better for me to go back and apply for the k1 visa its safe, and if any 1 have any more suggestions i'm still here waiting , thank you all and again god bless

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    hi i got approved for my green card well a replacement card and still have not received it when i call they say just wait anyone have the same problems i.e its 100% approved

Leave a comment:

• mary Ireland
    replied
    hey any ideas I got approved for my replacement green card got the letter etc said i should recieve it in 30 days now 30 says no card i call them and thyew just put in service request and yes they have my correct address when i call they say call back in 45 days agin if it dont arrive anyone have the same probs before i know they are backed up i got the origibnal card 1989 they said i can apply for citiznship now but like to have the physical card in my hands also lol my passport is atmped and i can work of course

Leave a comment:

• tamie
    replied
    i think you are right, by saying the k1 visa is the best choice, but i read storys here and some of them had adjusted there statue, i guess they were luck, thanks again

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation