Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamie:

You are getting some good advice here, but personally if it were me I'd go ahead and get married and file the I-130 and the I-485. Then you wouldn't have to go back, and you wouldn't have to worry about something happening that makes it difficult or impossible to reenter the United States later. It would be best to get married and file the paperwork before your six months runs out, but even if you didn't, you'd probably still be okay because you came into the country legally. As long as you are not a criminal, you came in legally, and you are lawfully married to a U.S. citizen they're going to grant the I-130 and the I-485. They do this for people who have been here years after their visas expire.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tamie:
      you are rite, i think if i want to become a usa citizen i have to give up 1 of my 2 citizenships either the moroccan or the canadian, thank you all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      Actually Tamie, the US Constitution does allow people to retain more than one citizenship if the other country recognizes dual citizenship. Read this for more info.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

thanks for the info hudson, 1 more problem i have as canadian we are alowed to stay in the usa for 6 months with out visa, i'm due to go back home on the 25th of september, is there anyway i can extend my stay and how do i procede,is too late ? please if any 1 have any info please let me know, thank you all and god bless

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation