Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any 1 help please

i'm a canadian, took 6 months leave from my work to have a little change, met a guy 1 month later and we have been since together, we are thinking of mariage cause we love eich other and we want to be together,and i dont want to be illegal here , so i'm wondering if its better to get married here or canada, is it better to get the fiance visa first, thanks for the help every one

i'm a canadian, took 6 months leave from my work to have a little change, met a guy 1 month later and we have been since together, we are thinking of mariage cause we love eich other and we want to be together,and i dont want to be illegal here , so i'm wondering if its better to get married here or canada, is it better to get the fiance visa first, thanks for the help every one

Comment

ok, so if the fiance visa is faster that means i have to go back home and he can apply for me, is that right?,how long does it take? thanks for the reply very apprciated

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
        Spot on. Yes, you will need to return home and he will apply. It take anywhere from 3 to 6 months on average. Less time if he is Republican. That tells the adjudicator he has a brain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What would happen to ILW if you ever decide not to post?
        Michael (Power of ILW)
        Supreme Lord and Chief of ILW.com

Comment

In the end getting the fiance visa might be quicker at first, but still have to do the adjustment application too. So it is just as easy to marry here and adjust your status. Have you been in the U.S. more than six months?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
            Spot on. Yes, you will need to return home and he will apply. It take anywhere from 3 to 6 months on average. Less time if he is Republican. That tells the adjudicator he has a brain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOLOLOL!!!!
            USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tamie:
              ok, so if the fiance visa is faster that means i have to go back home and he can apply for me, is that right?,how long does it take? thanks for the reply very apprciated </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tamie,

If you will undergo the fiancee visa route and curious to know the actual timelines of people who had undergone your situation (some of them are from Canada too like you), this
              site provides some examples as well.

Good luck!
              Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tamie:
                ok, so if the fiance visa is faster that means i have to go back home and he can apply for me, is that right?,how long does it take? thanks for the reply very apprciated </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tamie,

My brother-in-law used the fiance visa route to bring his girlfriend here from Canada. They hit a few snags, but their process took about 9 months.

Comment

i'm a canadian, took 6 months leave from my work to have a little change, met a guy 1 month later and we have been since together, we are thinking of mariage cause we love eich other and we want to be together,and i dont want to be illegal here , so i'm wondering if its better to get married here or canada, is it better to get the fiance visa first, thanks for the help every one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  Tamie, what I am not sure is which visa you have while in the US and whether your soon to be husband is a USC? Although never stated, the fiancee visa is only available to USC while adjutment of status is to both USC and Green Card holders, who are the petitioner.

It would help if you clarify your current visa status and whether your husband is a USC.
                  "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

hello every 1, first i want to thank all of you who are taking the time to advising me, canadians dont need a visa we are alowed to stay here up to 6 months,i still have about 3 weeks left and dont want to over stay, my boyfriend is a us citizen, so i'm still debating on weather i should go home and apply for the fiance visa or stay here and simply get married, or is there other ways,thank you all again and god bless

Comment

hello every 1, first i want to thank all of you who are taking the time to advising me, canadians dont need a visa we are alowed to stay here up to 6 months,i still have about 3 weeks left and dont want to over stay, my boyfriend is a us citizen, so i'm still debating on weather i should go home and apply for the fiance visa or stay here and simply get married, or is there other ways,thank you all again and god bless </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Since you are not married yet, you will not be eligible to adjust status if you overstay your visa before the I-485 is filed. And rushing into marriage may not be a wise idea either.

However, going back home to Canada and having your fiancee apply the K-1 visa is the safer approach. Your fiancee can probably come visit you, but you will not be able to come visit him while the K-1 visa is in process. The K-1 will take about a year to process. You just need to be patient.

Hope this helps.
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

thanks for the reply, would it help if i take a lawyer , would it be faster. is the papers process difficult to deal with, thank you

Comment

thanks for the reply, would it help if i take a lawyer , would it be faster. is the papers process difficult to deal with, thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          You and your fiancee have a simple case, a lawyer is not necessary nor will a lawyer speed things up. However, if your fiancee is nervouse about filling out government forms, then a lawyer may be beneficial, or you or your financee may have someone who is knowledgeable in immigration processing look over the papwer work before it is submitted to USCIS.

Comment

thanks Hudson where do we get those papers ?i was thinking maybe geting them fill them together then go home and wait what do you think, thanks

Comment

thanks Hudson where do we get those papers ?i was thinking maybe geting them fill them together then go home and wait what do you think, thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                              You can download the form at USCIS web site. Click Here to get the form and instructions.

And this link provides the application procedures.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation