Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financia Aid with I-130 approval

hello
    I was wondering, if by any chance an approved I-130 make a person eligible for Financial aid? My anunt I-130 was approved and she would like to know. Thanks for reading

hello
    I was wondering, if by any chance an approved I-130 make a person eligible for Financial aid? My anunt I-130 was approved and she would like to know. Thanks for reading

Comment

If your talking about Federal college financial aid it is only available to U.S. citizens.

Each school is different though with regard to what special programs they offer.

Comment

It maybe available after you have submitted yr I485. You have to take yr receipt notice to the school DSO who should advice u on how to effect yr status change and FA processing. Like someone said it;s an individual school thing. Good luck!

Comment

You won't get any financial aid from the government unless you're a permanent resident (of some sort)or a citizen.The school financial office requires a copy of whatever legal documents you might have.
          I know it for fact because i'm a frechman.

Comment

You must be a Permanent Resident or a US citizen to apply for financial aid. When she has her GC in hand she can apply online to FAFSA - they determine your aid requirements. If you look up FAFSA on the internet they will give you the scoop.

Comment

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney