No announcement yet.

Foreign Owner of a US corporation rights

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Foreign Owner of a US corporation rights

    Hi All

    I am inrteresed in knowing the rights and options of a US corporation owner who is a foreigner.

    What are the Visiting / immigration rules / laws in this case ?

    Thanks in Advance

  • #2
    Hi All

    I am inrteresed in knowing the rights and options of a US corporation owner who is a foreigner.

    What are the Visiting / immigration rules / laws in this case ?

    Thanks in Advance


    • #3
      Unless you meet the requirements for a foreign investor's visa, ownership of property or businesses in the US doesn't give you any rights to live or visit here.


      • #4
        well I am an owner of a company and i have a bank account situated in the US


        • #5
          Well good for you. What is your point. what are you looking to know.

          Were you authorized to set up the corporation here when you did? or did you set it up from your home country? Were you authorized to conduct enterprise here?

          Is it a C /Scorp or LLC

          do you provide employment for workers here.

          Please give background and exactly what u r looking for.


          • #6
            Well I own a Limited liability Company (LLC) and major part of my business is from US clients.

            I would like to come to :
            1. Visit my clients face to face.
            2. Visit my bank and enable several feature that are locked right now (due to patriot act)

            I don't have any employees in the states currently but I might want to open an actual office in the states when i come.

            What options do I have ?


            • #7
              Here's a link to info about the E visa. Note that this does NOT provide a path to a green card. If you're investing $1 million or more AND employing Americans, you may want to check into an investor's visa.



              • #8
                If you like to visit your clients face to face

                you many want to apply for a B-1 visa

                any other information relative to your situation can be addressed under faq section


                • #9
                  What are the requirements for business Visa B1 ? ?

                  i looked but couldn't find the exact requirements ?

                  How much will it cost to have someone to process that for me ?


                  • #10

                    What is business related (B-1) visitor visa travel?

                    Generally, the travel appropriate for a business (B-1) visitor visa includes travel to:

                    Consult with business associates;
                    Attend a scientific, educational, professional or business convention, or a conference on specific dates;
                    Settle an estate;
                    Negotiate a contract;
                    Participate in short-term training

                    What country u in Tomas?

                    where did you set up your corp from


                    • #11
                      Tomas try this link on FAQ


                      this is excerpt just in case u cant get in site:

                      My company is located overseas. Who can assist me?

                      U.S. Embassies and Consulates worldwide have programs to assist businesses. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate where the visa applicant will be applying is in the best position to provide information about any program they may have to assist businesses in their location, since they handle visa application, processing and issuance. We encourage companies located overseas to get in touch with the embassy or consulate through the Commercial Section in their country. For more information, select Locate a U.S. Embassy.

                      I want to work or be employed in the U.S. (H, L, O, P, or TN visa) or need a treaty trader/investor (E) visa. Where can I find information?

                      If you are seeking to come to the U.S. for employment as a temporary worker in the U.S. (H, L, O, P, and Q visas), your prospective employer must file a petition with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS. This petition must be approved by USCIS before you can apply for a visa. Select temporary workers to visit the USCIS website and learn more about requirements. Select temporary worker visas to go to the Department of State website and learn more, and review information about NAFTA workers (TN visa) and treaty traders/investors (E visas). For questions related to petition approval, you may contact USCIS at 1-800-375-5283. For visa-related questions, contact the embassy in the country of application or contact the Public Inquiries office at Visa Services, Department of State at 202 663-1225


                      • #12
                        Hi there.

                        I have an Israeli passport and I currently live in israel.

                        I set up my company while was in Israel (Delaware LLC)

                        The problem is that most of my finance is in the US (under US banks and company)

                        i have several contract with US companies (under my LLC name offcourse).

                        Can't I have my company call me to be an employee or something like that ?

                        Please advise.


                        • #13
                          Company would have to petition you, and if you are the company, I'm not sure how that would fly!
                          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.


                          • #14
                            You said you wanted to visit to conduct business from time to time.. I gave you the information. b-1 visa.
                            or you have to go the route of E visa

                            or are you just trying to immigrate?

                            plan C

                            find a Jim McGreevy


                            • #15

                              I looked at the B1 option.
                              It stil requires same financial proof in your home country (which I don't have) - Otherwise I would just get a tourist Visa...

                              Regarding the E visa - I read the option and I don't quite understand how will it work for me since my company is a US company .
                              Maybe i miss understood the E visa.
                              (I am talking about the treaty trader since I currently don't have 0.5M - 1M to invest)

                              *I talked to a lawyer a while ago regarding the visa issue. He said that you can have a company reuest for you as a work force for the so called "business season"...

                              I know my situation is a bit of the hook, but i realy need to physically come to the US for at least couple of months to set some things up.